Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Yes I did.

HP Recommended

Hi Joe

Not It worked like a charm with HP diag (ran for 12 hours)

HP Recommended

Question. what Hp software drivers do you have installed. I noticed  the last Hp software component installed was version 1.28.2197.0 (1/5/2021)

repelsteeltje

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Please advise as to what you all have done/will do to get this fixed.  Thanks all

HP Recommended

I dont think I have the same HP as you. Though I seem to have the same problem. I have the HP ENVY TE01-1177c desktop/tower from Costco. I dont know where you referenced that driver (or firmware?) version, and I cannot find it. please tell me where to look and I can answer.

I am still having same problems even after reloading factory image win 10 home, from the site the HP tech recommended. I disable windows patches, and never ran the HP driver update via the support assistant tool. Froze in windows after a few hours.  I have run comprehensive HP diags from an F2 boot for days, and no errors. I am now running the HP PC Hardware diagnostics windows 1.6.7.0 with same system extensive test figuring that I am in Windows now concurrently, maybe it will crash on a test. 

HP Recommended

I have the HP ENVY TE01-1177c desktop/tower from Costco. I opened an HP ticket and they told me to reinstall windows , so I did. see below same problems.

Case Number [personal info removed]: Your Case Has Been Closed CRM:0044622005486 (Jan 15, 2020)

I am still having same problems even after reloading factory image win 10 home, downloaded from the site the HP tech recommended. Since I know it crashes with all windows and HP updates, I tried to run it fromthe straight install with no updates. After windows install, I delayed  windows patches, and never ran the HP driver update via the support assistant tool. Froze in windows after a few hours.  I have run comprehensive HP diags from an F2 boot for days, and no errors. I am now running the “windows” HP PC Hardware diagnostics windows 1.6.7.0 with the same system extensive test, figuring that I am in Windows now concurrently, maybe it will crash on a test. 

HP Recommended

Hi all,  I also purchased a HP ENVY TE01-1177c desktop/tower about a week ago.  I'm seeing the same system freeze.  Seems to be somewhat random and after a period of inactivity.    At first I thought the wireless mouse and keyboard usb ports were going into a sleep i.e. powered off,  however I have unchecked the power management options for the mouse,keyboard, USB Hubs,  "to turn off this device to save power" and that did not solve the "freeze".  

HP Recommended

A quick follow up to my last post,  I  was just in the middle of actively using the mouse, and the system froze.  I had just added an analog clock visible on the desktop and the seconds hand froze in place, as well as the cursor.  

HP Recommended

At this point, we know that HP model Envy TE01-1177C has an inherent problem with freezing up.  It's not a random PC having this problem. It's every one of the PCs with the same build.  My PC was purchased from Costco for use as a backup for my existing 10 years old computer.  I didn't use it much after purchase. The day I found out about this problem was when I started to use it in extended period. By then, my Costco return period has expired. So I am stuck with it. Otherwise, it would long be shipped back to Costco or HP. I am not happy.

Although, the freezing problem is random. I have been using it off and on for the last 2 weeks, in short durations like 2-3 hours.  I have not experienced the problem since the last time. I have not left it running overnight. I have updated my PC to the latest Bio, Windows 10, and HP software.

HP Recommended

Rdedmon - Yes, all your description of the symptoms fits the problems with my PC to a tee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.