Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi can you please update us  as Im having the issue after updating my bios to F.34 81b4. my Samsung evo 250 was working before I updated the bios but now im stuck on the same situation as you.  I tried to boot it on my laptop and its working fine but not on my HP desktop but my old HDD are also working fine from that system.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi, unfortunately I don't have good news. Never been able to do anything. I had to put back my original hdd to have a functionning PC.  I'm giving up as I lost so much time on this. My Samsung SSD is now taking dust on my desk.

I feel like we are abandoned by HP. Could this be sent somehow to some engineers that made the bios update?

For my part, it's my first and last HP PC. 

HP Recommended

Just want to check if you tried to install new OS instead of migration. cause Im thinking to do that. Im running out of solution and cant find any answer in google. 

about First and last HP pc ... probably me also kind of disapointed to saw a lot of same complain in thier forum without a proper solution. at first Im thinking it might be samsung fault but my ssd works and boot properly in all of my friend pc and laptop. 

HP Recommended

Didn't tried to install new OS. But I've tried reformatting it on my old PC... no luck. Can you believe my 10 years old Dell PC is correctly detecting it! Maybe you could try to update the firmware of the SSD...I wanted to try that but I can't since my Dell PC can't connect my CD (firmware) and SSD at the same time. Maybe I could try to buy a usb dongle for the SSD to install the firmware but at this point I don't want to spend more money. Let me know if this solution works for you.

But if this doesn't work after that, I'm pretty sure it's a done deal unless HP address the issue.

No matter what I would try, the BIOS would not detect it for some reason. Btw I've heard that some previous Bios update had the same issue with Samsung SSD.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue!

to make matters worse it looks like the BIOS CANNNOT be downgraded from v.34 to an older version

HOWEVER,  Now it says  "Unable to open BIOS Signature file" !!!!

I put multiple copies in multiple location on the EFI partition, location does not make a difference where I put them.

I downloaded the same files again tweice agian got the same error all three times.

Why will it not open the .sig file?

is it truly possible that the BIOS CANNOT be downgraded at all by any method?

If the answr is YES then HP owes me a new motherbaord. It was the HP tool that did this to me.

HP Recommended

1. First let me make this very clear. The installed HP tools caused this issue. The BIOS update was lisated as a critical update. I did the update as reccomended by YOUR SOFTWARE

2. The issue is now well documented by several users in this forum that the 081B4 v.34 BIOS PREVENTS the use of SSD drives completely.

3. I / We need a resolution to this ASAP. This needs to be escalated to an Engineer within HP.

4. I need one of three options to happen:

4a: Allow me to downgrade the BIOS or provide a workaround to allow this to happen.

4b: publish a newer BIOS that fixes this now KNOWN issue .

4c: HP send me a new motherboard with a functioning BIOS that allows for SSD to be connected

my latest roadblock listed below

===================================================================================

Ok I managed to copy the bios files both the .bin and the .sig file over to the EFI partition .

Now I can access then via the UEFI system diag

HOWEVER, Now it says "Unable to open BIOS Signature file" !!!!

I put multiple copies in multiple location on the EFI partition, location does not make a difference where I put them.

I downloaded the same files again tweice agian got the same error all three times.

Why will it not open the .sig file?

is it truly possible that the BIOS CANNOT be downgraded at all by any method?

If the answr is YES then HP owes me a new motherbaord. It was the HP tool that did this to me.

HP Recommended

I think our only solution is to wait for a newer BIOS to publish which is probably will take long time... I already gave up as I tried everything and still the same.  the funny part is this SSD is working to all PC that i tried except the 1 that I updated.

Lesson learned: Dont believe on that HP assistant especialy for critical update and make sure to properly read the details 

HP Recommended

@avunjo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

using UEFI Diags 6.6.2.0 will NOT let me downgrade the BIOS!

I get the signature file failed error message

HP Recommended

Rick, is this issue being treated as a group or as individuals? 

I need to know If I need to open a ticket for myself or if I can use the same one from this thread.

I have my own message thread going for the same thing

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-freezes-with-SSD-connected-after-HP-Pav-d...

Also a status update or ticket number wold be nice if you have one to share.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.