Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, ewilson248. That the spirit :).

In my case the interesting part of the story is that I never installed "third-party hardware". The 1 TB hybrid Seagate HDD is tecnically a third-party hardware, which was on the other hand installed by the OEM, and I can't unnotice the HP logo on the device.

HP Recommended

mdklassen had an idea for a workaround by adding a PCI Express SATA controller card then connecting the SSD to that board instead.

I am very happy to report this WORKS!

The short version is the SSD is taking a different path on the motherboard now. The PCIe board is acting as an intermediary. I find it ironic that this works as they specifically mention that they are NOT required to support 3rd party hardware.

So here you go: 

1. If your BIOS has secure boot disable that.

2. In the BIOS make sure the ability to use LEGACY devices is on and enabled

3. You can leave UEFI support on.

this is the board I used : 

SYBA SY-PEX40039 SATA III (6.0Gb/s) PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card

Cost me $15 on newegg.

so there you have it.  give it a try and post your results.

If it works and you know of others having the same issue spread the word

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.