Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pravilion P7-1235
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I started with Win7 accepted free upgrade to Win10 and it worked great for awhile then one day it said I had I/O Device error and continued working ..maybe two days later a blue screen appeared " Critical Process Died" and it did ..every time I turn on PC it goes into automatic repair and the diagnosing  tried everything and  every option to no avail ..I can get into CMD prompt ..tried sfc /scannow ..will verify but cannot perform function ..tried dism.exe /online / cleanup-image /restorehealth / message ..Dism does not support servicing windows PE with /online option.

So I turned on computer pressed ESC several times and started checking ..memory test "passed" Hard Disk test ..smart check "Passed" ...Long DSt "Failed" ..Failure ID 9G8KMW-00089K-WPWX1G-61A303  Product ID H2M55AA#ABC Hard Disk 1 ...it is a SATAO 1.0TB Hitachi HD5721010CLA630

Can anyone tell me if this means my hard drive is pooched ..when I was going through steps on HP document it said to contact support tab for further information ... sure appreciate the help !!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@lampmrr,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Boot issues on the PC Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The error code you shared is a definite hard drive failure and needs to be replaced.

You may reach our phone support for any warranty related support options. use the link below to get in touch with them.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@lampmrr,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Boot issues on the PC Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The error code you shared is a definite hard drive failure and needs to be replaced.

You may reach our phone support for any warranty related support options. use the link below to get in touch with them.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Love the community gave me reply quickly maybe not what I wanted to hear but honest ..can't stand the company I filled out the form ..simply requested the size of hard drive 2.5 or 3.5 and approx. cost for a new one and they send me back to community ..what a way to do business ..again thanks community and I think I'll try online for a new hard drive.. and not deal with HP.

HP Recommended

My HP Pro 3500 Microtower PC suddenly stops its startup in Windows 10.  It gets to the HP screen but then does not show the cursor to sign in with the password.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.