Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
510-p024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I did the Bios Updgrade via HP assistant and it has failed. I have tried the CMOS reset, and that didn't work. but when I do the CMOS reset I get 8 beeps out of it.  I have tried Bios recovery via USB, holding down win + B. That doesn't work. I tried the HP Uefi on the USB. that doesn't work. This is the screen I see.. and I cant get passed this screen.Can someone try to steer me into the right direction, I'm running out of ideas.

15680609911602352816391733002554.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

81B4 is the correct BIO for you PC.

Have you tried tapping "ESC" at system startup to see if you can get to the HP EFI Startup Menu?

How did you reset CMOS?

Your PC seems to POST but is hanging.

I don't see a eight beep BIOS error code for your PC at this HP Site (Link). There are three.five and five.three error codes.

Have you tried all BIOS recovery steps indicated at this HP site (Link)? You may have a BIOS Recovery USB option using a different PC to create the USB drive.

I will let the Forum Mods know about this. Maybe they can provide assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

Have you tried tapping "ESC" at system startup to see if you can get to the HP EFI Startup Menu? Yes. I have tried tapping "ESC". I cant get pass the screen I have a picture of.

How did you reset CMOS? I removed the battery on the motherboard and held the power button on for about one minute. Only after this process I get the 8 beeps after it tries to start 3 times.

Have you tried all BIOS recovery steps indicated at this HP site (Link)? You may have a BIOS Recovery USB option using a different PC to create the USB drive.

Yes. I have tried the BIOS recovery steps. Didn't work.

Yes I Used a different PC to create the USB Drive Bios. recovery.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

Have you tried tapping "ESC" at system startup to see if you can get to the HP EFI Startup Menu? Yes. I have tried tapping "ESC". I cant get pass the screen I have a picture of.

How did you reset CMOS? I removed the battery on the motherboard and held the power button on for about one minute. Only after this process I get the 8 beeps after it tries to start 3 times.

Yes. I have tried the BIOS recovery steps. Didn't work.

Yes I Used a different PC to create the USB Drive Bios. recovery.

Note, the PC ran 100% fine before this update of the BIOs

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Hopefully HP Forum Mods can assist.

A bad HPSA Bios update has occurred.

Regards

HP Recommended

Just a quick update. I have SsD drive in this unit. When I disconnected the ssd drive with windows. I recieved a 2.2 beeps codes. 

HP Recommended

Hi Icedevx2,

A 2.2 boot error code verifies the BIOS is corrupted.

Regards

HP Recommended

@icedevx2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.