Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all in one 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an old wireless mouse and keyboard setup from an HP envy 23 windows 8.1.  The product number on the mouse is 704220-001 and the product number on the keyboard is SK-2061.  The bluetooth is working on my new HP 24 all in one windows 10 system, but the keyboard and mouse will not show up on bluetooth devices when I try to search for a new device.  I am holding down the connect button on the bottom of the mouse and the blinking rate of the infra-red light changes, indicating that its trying to be discovered. 

1.  Can someone tell me is the issue that this older mouse and keyboard is not compatible with windows 10 or if there is a download for a driver for this older mouse/keyboard?

2.  The new windows 10 computer currently has a usb plug in mouse and keyboard that I would like to switch to the old windows 8 computer.  Is that possible?  

I have also tried this with the windows 8 computer turned off, in case the bluetooths from each computer were interfering with each other.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am surprised that the information about the internal usb dongle was so difficult to find.  I was able to remove it and plug it right into the other computer and the keyboard and usb are now working fine.

A lot of time spent, but at least the end result was successful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DavidB14 

Both products 704220-001 (mouse) and SK-2061 (keyboard) do NOT support Bluetooth. You need one USB receiver for each device. Do you still have them ?

• If yes, you have to use TWO receivers on TWO USB ports to be able to connect.
  • If no, it is cheaper to buy a new set (using one USB receiver or Bluetooth) because it is impossible to buy TWO new USB receivers to work with your devices.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien,

thank you for the reply.  I have subsequently figured out that the USB dongle is housed inside the all in one system.  I was able to locate instructions on HP to open the back and remove this. Removing and Replacing the Wireless Keyboard Dongle for HP Envy Recline TouchSmart All-in-One PCs | ... Does this seem correct?  If I do this,  will the mouse and keyboard function on the new windows 10 computer?  Are there 1 or 2 usb connectors inside the all in one?

HP Recommended

I am surprised that the information about the internal usb dongle was so difficult to find.  I was able to remove it and plug it right into the other computer and the keyboard and usb are now working fine.

A lot of time spent, but at least the end result was successful.

HP Recommended

@DavidB14 

It's good to know you solved the problem

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.