Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@JPau  I replied to you when you wrote this new message, since you had indicated that you had no solution in the end. It has been merged here, since it is the continuation of the subject!
Maybe I wasn't understandable enough.
As you mentioned, at this point, we are not sure that the problem is only with the graphics card.
Try old cards that are too old, inconclusive, I've seen users try it out, and although after changing the safe mode it doesn't work ..

Difficult to say, if this is a problem, which we have not found, how to solve, or if it is indeed impossible to use a card that is too old,

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Removing-the-Existing-Graphic-Card-and-replace-with-a-...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-and-GPU-downgrade/td-p...

Switch to a poorly performing card, with this type of computer, if that suits you, perfect, but you might be disappointed, and might not work!
You can buy graphics card, HP, but the tariff may be quite high, compared to equivalent commercial card, it may assure you the problem of secure mode, but nothing 100% certain
The use of the usb adapter, there I do not know, may be that the model is not suitable, but you risk not having a display, in the bios, we go back to the same point
the best thing to do, for the moment, is to confirm if the graphics card is damaged, or not
, And to have another compatible graphics card tested, if you have a professional worthy of the name at home, he can do the test, if he has what it takes on hand
I just advise you not to spend money for nothing

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee and thanks for your reply,

Funny thing in both your links it says I have an integrated card:

JPau_0-1636717482327.png

The note there states:" Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed."

So it should be available if I don't have a graphic card installed... But that's not the case. That "Intel UHD Graphics 630" maybe is there somewhere, but unreachable.

Anyway I'll try to ask a friend with the same graphic card to let me try it in my PC. Alternatively, Do you think if I get the same 1050 Ti graphic card, maybe from a different manufacures, it may work?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Promethee,

Yes, my card is broken for sure. I've tested it in another PC.

I'll try to test another card with UEFI BIOS support and see what happens.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi again Paul,

seams that trying with a cheap 710 or 730 first is the best option at this point. Those links you shared might be of great help!

If thas works I would disable the @#!x!! "secure boot" feature in the BIOS and move for a better card.

If that doesn't work I may try to find a friend with a 1050Ti if he can let me his GPU card for a fast test also and see what happens. 

Thanks a lot again!

HP Recommended

EDIT: *** Action no longer needed ***

@Forum Moderators,

this thread should be merged with the previous one here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-GPU-need-to-install-a-ne...

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes, this is not the first time that I read this ..
The warning is for many motherboards, with integrated video or not.
Looks like it leaves the warning just in case, that just explains that when a graphics card is in place one cannot use the connectors on the motherboard, but here there is none anyway. !
I did not look for how it works in USB, I have nothing to test
You can test with an identical card, but you probably need to change the option as well
I have no recollection of a similar case, I have a doubt ..
Why I prefer, advise you to have it tested, or if you actually have the possibility of trying one, do it, it's a good idea.
In case, if it does not give anything after placing, the graphics card
restart the computer and hit the f10 key at startup
of memory the link of Hp indicates that it is necessary either to do it with the old card, or with the integrated one, but one never knows, you will perhaps at least have access to the bios, whereas does not start under Windows

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi BeemerBiker,

That was exactly one of the thing I tried: Turn on the PC with the GTS250 installed and try to get into the BIOS.

I failed miserably 😛

My PC used to get into Windows very fast (SSD main HD), so I tried to turn on the computer while pressing "Esc" key repeatedly with no success. SAme trying with F10, F2, F3, Supr, Ctrl+Supr... Nothing worked

I tried the USB-C to VGA while GTS250 still installed.Did'nt work.

I tried the USB-C to VGA without the GTS250. Got 3 long beeps and 3 short beeps in a row, just as when the 1050 Ti was installed.

I guess I'll try a 710 or 730 as Paul suggested, so far seams to be my best option! 😉

Regards,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully one of those cheaper video cards will work.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 MT with an i7-7700 processor.

It came with a Dell OEM AMD Radeon R7-450 graphics card.

I have UEFI enabled and secure boot enabled.

I had a Zotac GT 730 in a HP 8200 Elite CMT, and I wanted to install the GT 730 in the Dell, because the GT 730 is one of those silent fanless models, and I didn't like the whirring fan noise the R7 was producing.

I put that card in my 8200 Elite and since the case is much larger and stronger, I don't hear the fan from that card as much, if at all.

I did not disable secure boot or enable legacy mode in the Dell.

I just swapped out the cards and the PC booted up just fine.

So, hopefully the same thing will happen if you can pick up either the GT 710 or GT 730 cheap.

HP Recommended

@JPau wrote:

Hi BeemerBiker,

I guess I'll try a 710 or 730 as Paul suggested, so far seams to be my best option! 😉

Regards,

Well
I hope for you that it will work, these are old generation graphics cards, in theory it should work, but seeing the examples I have found sometimes it is not!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Removing-the-Existing-Graphic-Card-and-replace-with-a-...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul and Promethee,

I'll receive a GT 730 next week, probably on tuesday. I'll let you know if it works or not.

Regards and have all a nice weekend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.