Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

can you see it

HP Recommended

Yes. I can see it. Thank you.

That image shows that the Realtek PCIe GBE Network LAN already has a working driver installed. 

It should be active if you connect a CAT4 or CAT5 cable to it from your router. When you plug it in and the PC is turned on you should see flickering LEDs and a solid color led. One red led means that it has power form the motherboard. Green and yellow flickering leds tell you what the network connection link speed is.

The other one in the Device Manager, that has the unknown device yellow triangle next to it,  is the one you need to right-click. Select properties and Details. Go down the list and look for the Hardware IDS. Post the PCI\VEN string here in your thread. It will allow me to identify the device completely.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

hardware id.PNG

HP Recommended

The following HP Driver for the Broadcom BCM43142  should be what you need.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_133353_1#tab3

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thankyou! it worked

HP Recommended

i have another problem my keyboard certain keys doesnt work. as im typing im using the onscreen keyboard 

HP Recommended

Another unrelated isssue should be posted in a different thread with all of the PC's information from here. The original issue has been resolved per your previous post.

That is probably a keyboard hardware issue. Plug in another keyboard. You can also use a wireless combo and plug in the wireless dognle and pair the set.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.