Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

thx dude for replaying.

so i did what u told me to do and that blue screen appeared again .

u said i may have memory issues what do  u mean by this and how can i fix this ??

but the wired thing is this problem wasnt happening till i replaced the cpu and added more ram 😞

HP Recommended

Go back to the original configuration, original CPU, and original memory.  If no blue screen, then populate 2 new 1G dimms (if you had something smaller originally) or add 2 new 1G dimms.  Make sure you follow the memory population guide.

HP Recommended

Hi uchihadark,

I understand you have the original CPU installed.

You have 4 memory modules. You can try to boot with only a memmory module, if dont works, try with another module. You have 4 oportunities ;). In my opinion if it fails with every module the problem will be the motherboard. Good luck!

Regards and excuse my bad englush

HP Recommended

Regarding Memory on the dc7600; I once had a dc7700sff desktop and tried adding memory without success and 'learned-through-the-grapevine' that there is Memory for desktops running Intel processor's and there is different memory for a desktop with an AMD processor.  The AMD processor uses Memory with 'higher' density than Memory for the Intel.  I don't remember the 'specifics', though the computer would not 'Boot' and I received the Diagnostic LED of:  5 blinks (Red) 1 blink every second followed by a 2 second pause.  The message indicated - "Pre-video memory error".

After populating the DIMM Slots with memory that works; make Sure each stick of memory is seated fully in the slot before starting the computer.

ALL OF THE ABOVE ASSUMES THE POWER CORD WAS PULLED BEFORE YOUR WORK; And the monitor as well as your Router/Modem were disconnected before entering into the computer (with your hands!).  Memory is pretty tough these days; but, they Don't like static electricity nor power still entering the computer from "Add-Ons".   Good Luck, Jeff

HP Recommended
Hi everyone! Here http://www.overclock.net/t/1431723/mod-lga775-support-for-lga771-xeon-cpus discussion about some mode that allow to apgrade the lga775 platform with xeon 771cpu. Is there any chance to do sach mode on our dc7600ssf and will it realy add performance in intel d945 comparision. Thanks.
HP Recommended

so if you cannot flash the bios if you are running windows 7 ,, how are you supposed to do it ,,, why  do you people answer us as if we already know the answer ,,, why are computer people so hard to comumicate with ,,, is your head programed wrongly ...

HP Recommended

Check on page 8 of this DC7600 CPU Upgrade forum. There is a long post which goes into how you are supposed to upgrade if you have Windows 7.   It worked for me.

HP Recommended

hi ,, thanks for your reply ,,,, but i have a problem ,,, i cannot open the original link which explains everything ,, i get an error message ,, this could be because the link is old and out of date ,,, i did read this thread some time ago while looking for an answer ,, but it will not let me open the link ,, just get error message ,,,  so an back to square one ,,, but thanks for your reply ,,, i have spent weeks trying to get the answer to this problem ,,, but a lot of the threads are old and go back quite a way ,,, once a link reaches a certain time ,, you cannot open it ,,, thanks ,,,

HP Recommended

Hi Jtrucka,

The page 8 of this post works perfectly:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/DC7600-CPU-Upgrade/td-p/578827/highlight/true/page/8

You can read the "CDMethod" explained by Paul and you will solve the problem that perturbed you week after week...

Regards

HP Recommended

hi  ,, thanks once again for your reply ,,, but ,,, i can view and read page 8 ,,,  but i cannot open the links that take you to solving the problem of updating the bios using cd ,,,,,  it says  error ,, cannot open page ,,,  thanks ...remember ,,, it is the links that i cannot view ,,, not the page ,,, and after reading further into page 8 today ,, i discovered that i will need   v2.04 , because i have win 7 ultimate with bit locker ,,, thanks ,,,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.