Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

We are building some 400 systems for a client using the EliteDesk 800 G4 hardware. They have a volume purchase agreement with HP for these systems and specific components to run their software.

They want some of these systems to also be servers for individual stores using 2016 Essentials with RAID1, which the hardware supports. But when I installed Support Assistant it will run, correctly diagnosed the hardware and a 64-bit OS (but only as Win10) but I can't download/install drivers. As soon as I select one the application crashes.

Is there a version of Support Assistant that will run on a Server OS and correctly identify the drivers needed to maintain these systems to peak performance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP does not "specifically" have a server version, but they DO have a more complete package called HP Image Assistant. It is aimed more for IT people, and really scrubs the hardware and finds everything you need.

It seems to work fine...I've run it on both my 2016 Essential test systems and have had no issues other than the new BIOS version not liking the OS so it wouldn't boot and I had to roll back the BIOS to 02.02.04.

It doesn't proactively install the updates like Support Assistant, but it certainly makes the task easier to find drivers for the hardware.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@API_Support

I have submitted a request that someone take a look.

If there is a response from HP, they will post back here (on this thread) before making contact with you using other methods.

Option:  HP Agent Response on the Community Site

You can choose to wait for an HP Agent to respond to your request on the community.

The following applies to HP agent response on our community:

• An HP agent will always post back on the before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar

• HP agent response times vary widely – this community is not HP Technical Support
  • HP agent response on the community is NOT guaranteed
  • Be aware of scams and thieves that crawl out from under the rocks – READ the warnings

Please take the time to read the warnings regarding thieves and vermin:

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.\

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@API_Support

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

HP does not "specifically" have a server version, but they DO have a more complete package called HP Image Assistant. It is aimed more for IT people, and really scrubs the hardware and finds everything you need.

It seems to work fine...I've run it on both my 2016 Essential test systems and have had no issues other than the new BIOS version not liking the OS so it wouldn't boot and I had to roll back the BIOS to 02.02.04.

It doesn't proactively install the updates like Support Assistant, but it certainly makes the task easier to find drivers for the hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.