Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 595-P0004NP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a Sapphire AMD Radeon RX570 Nitro+ 4GB to replace my current NVIDIA GTX 1050 that came with the computer but i'm afraid it won't be compatible with the system. Is there anything i should be worried about or i can just replace the 1050?

Current hardware specs are as follows ( user upgraded ram and storage and wifi 😞

CPU: I5 9400F
HDD: 1TB TOSHIBA
M.2 2280 SSD: 256GB Teamgroup
WIFI / BT: DW1820A
MOTHERBOARD: HP 843B
PSU: Unknown? 
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 
RAM: 16GB HyperX CL16 2666MHz

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

NO PSU told  180w weakling as most have????? is NO GOOD that.

the cards  ,12 makers and 10,000 models and subs.

first is to read  RTM on the card makers web site and you seeing that and measuring space inside your PC

HP does not spec the 3 dimensions of X16 slot (H yes tall,  width now,  and length never.)

rule 1 ,must fit and not hit,  many 3 fan GPU do not fit only RULERS work , measuring.

next is PSU sizes

a low end maker this. GPU  2fan card RIGHT?  195 watt card ALL BY ITSELF and is 10.2"inches long (260mm)

as 2 PSU AUX  cables one 8 pin and 1 6pin, do you have both in your  PC , HP fails to put that in there specs. so I look.

you PC may have only one  6pin cable. AUX GPU cable.  the GPU cables on card are never optional if seen, on CARD as jacks.

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX570 Nitro+ 4GB . that can handle that new card,< (read the spec)

maker said, 500w PSU min, see that/ in the spec page.

so change the post for how to get 500watt + PSU,  , I seen none that fit this PC is not ATX spec, it is HP custom.

• must fit and not hit .
  • must not overload the PSU (IT does)
  • must have cables AUX both or will fail hard, or BSOD;'s gaming,  (due to no power or weak power to card, any card)
  • must make UEFI happy in secure boot if that fails ask how to cure that or at Microsoft. etc. (or here)
  • not overheat PC case inside, 200watt is ton of a heat load and Ive no idea at all what fans you have there totally

posted this vast times as has others. same answer on any desktop on earth. same old tune.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

lol what? so you're telling me i have purchased a nuclear bomb already just by using this 1050?

HP Recommended

and yeah, its dual fan

HP Recommended

also im quite confused with your reply as i barely understood most of the english here, sorry 

HP Recommended

for the part of being a ATX pc, you should already know its a hp custom bud, i asked specifically here for a reason lol

HP Recommended

the 1050 only uses slot power 75watts max

and then you put in 195watt card , with 180watt PSU, is  hopeless. but NO PSU TOLD YET< I CAN NOT SEE INSIDE ANY PC ever in  a text box and most desktops made can be upgraded, that is there most shining star (not saying yours can)
some HP can upgrade to HP only 500watt PSU,  I can not do HP upgrades , only some can not me,  and they will tell you soon.

HP PSU cross reference pages or only tiny coverage. so I pass.

the PSU spec is max,  over max the  PSU shuts off, no some , the PSU has 5 kinds of overload protection by law and practice.

HP Recommended

Well since you mentioned it shutting down it happened to me a lot of times with the non user upgraded pc version already while playing gta v, i gave up and never played it again lol...

HP Recommended

ok pure raw no tech answer.

• the 180watt PSU in your pc can not run that card. 195w
  • the Card must fit, use a ruler (AC off , use non metallic ruler ,means not metal)
  • the PC must have the power cables seen in the makers of PGU  card page, and manual.  one is missing on yours.
  • if confused take any PC to any PC shop ask for upgrade choices. end story. (out of warrantty)

PSU = power supply unit

GPU means graphis processor unit, the card in question.

HP Recommended

alright bud, i've looked up and found this post, do you think that i can use this HP 400W psu? 

PSU: L04618-800
Thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/500w-PSU-For-595-p0084-Lincs-Mo...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.