Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop - 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I wanted to upgrade my graphics driver from 3gb to 4gb. I read online that it can be done through the BIOS menu but I am hesitant because I don't want to do anything that may damage my pc. I wanted to know if this is possible. I only want to do a 1gb increase and I don't want to buy a new pc tower. 

SPECS: 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID E6C674AD-5115-493B-B9EB-2DF651151087
Product ID 00325-80899-45291-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

DISPLAY INFORMATION:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3b 

Total  Available Graphics Memory: 7134mb

Dedicated video memory: 3072mb

Shared System Memory: 4062mb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05638874

sorry, but that's usually impossible with most newer computers, and it wouldn't change much anyway
Here you have a graphics card with its own 3gb usable memory
the computer, in its original configuration, has 8gb, the usable memory must therefore be less..
if you take a remaining part of the RAM, for the graphics card, even if little, you move the problem
when you have shared memory, normally the graphics card uses it only when needed, so not necessarily used, for the latter..
and if you have problems in games, it may not just be a problem with the memory of the graphics card
however, you may have a lack of RAM, in this case it would be better to install 16 gb of RAM
it may not add more memory for the graphics card, but it is a plus
Then it is possible that your graphics card is not performing enough, no matter how much ram
it may be necessary to use a more powerful graphics card
check this

How to identify what is slowing down the computer

and check if you have problems with certain games, which is advised

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05638874

sorry, but that's usually impossible with most newer computers, and it wouldn't change much anyway
Here you have a graphics card with its own 3gb usable memory
the computer, in its original configuration, has 8gb, the usable memory must therefore be less..
if you take a remaining part of the RAM, for the graphics card, even if little, you move the problem
when you have shared memory, normally the graphics card uses it only when needed, so not necessarily used, for the latter..
and if you have problems in games, it may not just be a problem with the memory of the graphics card
however, you may have a lack of RAM, in this case it would be better to install 16 gb of RAM
it may not add more memory for the graphics card, but it is a plus
Then it is possible that your graphics card is not performing enough, no matter how much ram
it may be necessary to use a more powerful graphics card
check this

How to identify what is slowing down the computer

and check if you have problems with certain games, which is advised

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks. I'm glad I didn't do anything drastic to the computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.