Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want an update bios HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower , I found update bios old  version 2017 , Is there  New release bios

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I wonder why HP removed the update from all of the support pages.

The latest one on any of the support pages I could find under any operating system is v002.71.

In any event it will not add support for any newer processors.

Here are the info and exe links to that BIOS update...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96014.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96014.exe

If you look at this post, it appears that BIOS update may have problems which may be why HP removed it.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Confusing-BIOS-version/td-p/725...

I found the version 002.75 which was also removed...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88063.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88063.exe

Personally, I don't think it is a good idea to update to either of those BIOS revisions since HP removed them from the support pages, but that is up to you.

If you are looking to install a better processor than one of the 4th gen core processors it would be a high risk, zero reward situation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

do you have any idea when will they release new update

HP Recommended

@younex,

HP has not released any BIOS update that would support 7th generation CPU.  To re-post is unwarranted.

You were told very politely that model was only certified to 6th generation CPU.

@Paul_Tikkanenis an expert on these models, and extremely knowledgeable on this issue.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, @younex 

Below is the link to the HP Quickspecs for the 800 G1.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscoverBarcelona/HP_EliteDesk800G1_Desktop_Mini...

The supported processors can be found on pages 6 - 9.

That model supports Intel 4th gen processors only.

No BIOS updates added support for newer processors than the ones listed in the document above.

HP Recommended

I found an update bios 2019 HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower

444.PNG

HP Recommended

I wonder why HP removed the update from all of the support pages.

The latest one on any of the support pages I could find under any operating system is v002.71.

In any event it will not add support for any newer processors.

Here are the info and exe links to that BIOS update...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96014.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96014.exe

If you look at this post, it appears that BIOS update may have problems which may be why HP removed it.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Confusing-BIOS-version/td-p/725...

I found the version 002.75 which was also removed...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88063.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88063.exe

Personally, I don't think it is a good idea to update to either of those BIOS revisions since HP removed them from the support pages, but that is up to you.

If you are looking to install a better processor than one of the 4th gen core processors it would be a high risk, zero reward situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.