Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Desktop - M01-F0024 with the Erica2 motherboard. How much SSD/HDD will it handle? It comes with a 256GB SSD and need to go much higher...I've already filled this. How many slots does it have for SSD/HDD? ie...can I put in two 1TB SSD drives or do I have to put in one 2TB drive? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

you only have one ssd M2 slot

256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD

One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

there is nothing specified, for the sata ports on the motherboard, even less on the slots available in the box
that said, it must be possible and visibly confirmed
I found this link while looking for information

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Adding-hard-drive-to-hp-ryzen-5...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

you only have one ssd M2 slot

256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD

One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

there is nothing specified, for the sata ports on the motherboard, even less on the slots available in the box
that said, it must be possible and visibly confirmed
I found this link while looking for information

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Adding-hard-drive-to-hp-ryzen-5...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I installed a 2TB SSD...thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

hi @rjrubin 

please

mark the answer accepted may help other users

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I did...also installed a 2TB SSD and kept my 256 SSD...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.