Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

In fact the issue is that when I plug an USB3 device (no matter to which USB3 port) it is recognized as an USB2 device, reason why the transfer speed is locked.

HP Recommended

Do you have any other USB 3.0 hardware that you can try?

You do not use any USB cable, or hub here, do you?

The fact that Windows does see USB 3.0 hardware like 2.0 only is indicative.

Did you check BIOS settings re: USB configuration (if there are any)?

HP Recommended

Yes I also tried with an USB3 Harddisk, same issue. The devices are working well on other computers.

I do not use any hub as there are 4 USB3 (free) on my computer, I plug a device only when I need to use it.

Regarding BIOS unfortunately there is no setup for USB, only few settings are handled.

HP Recommended

I would reinstall Intel chipset driver (as in: remove via Device Manager by deleting USB devices, restart, and once all USB devices have been discovered and its possbly generic drivers installed, re-install the latest available package).

HP Recommended

@krzemien wrote:

I would reinstall Intel chipset driver (as in: remove via Device Manager by deleting USB devices, restart, and once all USB devices have been discovered and its possbly generic drivers installed, re-install the latest available package).

If you do that, in case your PC has a wireless keyboard, make sure that you have a wired keyboard plugged it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

True that.

Just tried on my laptop with wife's iPhone - it's been found and logged under USB 3.0 section in USB Tree View straightaway.

HP Recommended

There is a freeSIV.jpg utility with the name of SIV (system information viewer). You can use it to see the version of the devices connected to the USB bus via the usb ports on your desktop PC.

http://rh-software.com/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Jomanlo wrote:

You are not right, there are 4 USB-3 Ports:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/compaq-elite-8300-all-in-one-us...

Your answer is not really helpful :HalfEyes:

@Jomanlo 

No one is perfect. 

What does not help you in your quest for assistance is making snide remarks about an inadvertent and honest mistake another member made.

It says something not so nice about you.

I highly recomnmend that you keep remarks like those to yourself.

Theycan  lead to a path you probably do not want to take

They are actually a violation of the rules of participation you agreed to when you joined the forum.

HP Recommended

@krzemien wrote:

Thank you, I will try your advice and will let you know. 

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

There is a freeSIV.jpg utility with the name of SIV (system information viewer). You can use it to see the version of the devices connected to the USB bus via the usb ports on your desktop PC.

http://rh-software.com/

Thanks for the advice, I will get it to they to have more information on my issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.