cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
mkbean
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Keyboard Stuck after removing CMOS battery

HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610-1150x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed the CMOS battery to see if that would reset the settings to assist with a memory issue I asked about earlier. Now when it boots up the keyboard is locked and this is the screen. I have tried another known working keyboard and nothing. It was working just fine prior to this.

screen.png

3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 234 652
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you remember what the next line of white-coloured text previously was?

Was it a mention of detecting the CD/DVD device? Or, announcing the disk-drive? Or, the network adapter?

I wonder if any of those components have "failed", and the motherboard is waiting-and-waiting for the failed device to respond?

How many minutes have you been waiting, for any "next" message?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mkbean
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing it comes up at that and just freezes. 😞

itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 234 652
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You seem to have one stick of RAM, but placed into the 3rd socket. 

What happens if you move that stick into the 1st socket?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation