Dhed47
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Motherboard Warranty Repair of 2 months

HP Recommended
M01-F0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On June 27th my M01-F0024 had it's motherboard BIOS corrupted after an HP automatic update. We let it install without touching the computer then came back to a black screen. Went to turn it on and it would not work. I used HP's HP Service Center Locator and took it to the repair shop it showed. My computer is still covered under the 1 year warranty. The shop agreed it was the motherboard and sent for a HP motherboard replacement. HP sent the wrong motherboard so they requested another one. Again HP sent the wrong motherboard so they asked us if it would be ok to send the whole computer to HP to be fixed. HP sent back a replacement with a different model computer, which I am fine with. But the computer they sent as a replacement was a Pavilion p2-1113w. A desktop from 2012!!! It even have the lock screen of someone else with their password hint. As well it was a Windows 7 OS. My computer was Win10. The repair shop said they could not do anything about it as they can only do what HP gives them.

I've waited two months for this computer and HP sent me a computer from 2012. In HP's warranty it states "In the unlikely event that your HP Hardware Product has recurring failures or HP determines it is unable to repair or replace the HP Hardware Product, HP, at its option, may elect to provide you with (a) a replacement unit selected by HP that is the same or functionally equivalent to your HP Hardware Product in performance " 

How is a computer from 2012 be "a replacement unit selected by HP that is the same or functionally equivalent to your HP Hardware Product in performance" My pc has a Ryzen 5 in it and a SSD. The replacement has a laptop CPU and a slow HDD. 

It is too late to call HP support tonight but I want to ask if this is how HP handles warranties?

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 476 751
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dhed47 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation