Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2422el
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hello,
I recently decided to upgrade the Nvidia Geforce gt630 that came with the pc. After a bit of research i' ve found the gtx 750 or 750ti cards and i would like to know if they are compatible with my system. If you have any suggestions for better graphics cards please tell me. Sorry for bad english.

PS. I looked up on HP spec sheets and idk why but my pc has a different cpu (the i5-3330)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @Francesco55,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking at upgrading the graphics adapter in your computer.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Looking at the HP Pavilion p6-2422el Desktop PC Product Specifications and the HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, H-Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua), your system has the following:

Internal 300W (100V-240V) power supply

One PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0)
Three PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)
One PCI Express x1 Mini Card

Any card you look at would need to function within those limitations.

Looking at the: GeForce GTX 750 Ti Specifications  

Minimum System Power Requirement (W)  300 W

Bus Support                                              PCI Express 3.0 

And the: GeForce GTX 750 Specifications

Neither card shows a requirement for a secondary power connection, but both require a minimum of a 300W power supply. You may want to install a higher capacity power supply to exceed that requirement and avoid any potential issues.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @Francesco55,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking at upgrading the graphics adapter in your computer.  I am happy to assist you with this.

Looking at the HP Pavilion p6-2422el Desktop PC Product Specifications and the HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, H-Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua), your system has the following:

Internal 300W (100V-240V) power supply

One PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0)
Three PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)
One PCI Express x1 Mini Card

Any card you look at would need to function within those limitations.

Looking at the: GeForce GTX 750 Ti Specifications  

And the: GeForce GTX 750 Specifications

Neither card shows a requirement for a secondary power connection, but both require a minimum of a 300W power supply. You may want to install a higher capacity power supply to exceed that requirement and avoid any potential issues.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.