Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy TE01-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this new computer 2 weeks ago from Best Buy and the power supply is running outside of normal specs on all legs. 

+3.3V = 2.960V

+5V = 4.408V

+12V = .192V

-12V = 10.311V

-5V = 4.036V

I am also getting a few Windows Hardware Errors which may be related to the low voltage.  I am considering adding a discrete video card and would like to upgrade the power supply if swapping anyway.  How would I order either a replacement power supply, (under warranty), or the upgraded power supply, (at a cost to me), that fits this case and motherboard as it is customized and does not use a standard ATX connector.

Thank you

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@J_Clark,

I have asked a moderator to intervene to assist you with your problem(s) concerning the new unit.

Please review this spreadsheet , and copy/paste, as it will only be valid for about 2 weeks. Then I update the data, and that breaks the link.  The PSU can be bought from HP Parts

PSU reference 02-21-2020.JPG

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@J_Clark,

As you realized, those units have a non-ATX PSU. The available ranges are 180W (which you have) and upgrades of 310W, 400W, and 500W.   My spreadsheet shows the TG01-0500nd Rother board (same as yours)  with a 500W supporting the GTX 2060 Super 8GB card, or TE01-0077c with a 400W supports the GTX1660 6GB card.

I suggest you do a side by side comparison of CPU, RAM, and hardware of all three.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you.  Quick question.  HP keeps responding and advertises the case as being able to support a discreet video card.  Their answer always includes you may have to upgrade your power supply.  Any idea how to order the power supply?  I don't think I can run long on the one I have as it is not even up to the correct specs for what it is.  Every leg is under volted and not even close to being within a normal + or 1 range.  

Thank you

Jim

HP Recommended

@J_Clark,

I have asked a moderator to intervene to assist you with your problem(s) concerning the new unit.

Please review this spreadsheet , and copy/paste, as it will only be valid for about 2 weeks. Then I update the data, and that breaks the link.  The PSU can be bought from HP Parts

PSU reference 02-21-2020.JPG

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I can now find the power supply alternatives in the parts store.  I think there may be one error in the sheet on the TE01-0020 line.  All of the small form factor HP Envy machines seem to take the L series power supplies.  One individual has a "tested" on the 942332-001 power supply and I would guess that X should be 1 column to the left on the L04618-800 power supply.

Thanks again

Jim

HP Recommended

@J_Clark

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@J_Clark 

It has a green X because it is unverified by HP, but was used in that unit by the OP.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.