Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L GT13-1380z
Microsoft Windows 11

I  got my OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1380z CTO PC with 5600X and 8GB ram as I was planning to swap out the memory stick and put in what my old PC has (AMD version of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (2x16GB), model CMW32GX4M2Z3200C16 ). However, the system won't come up as it will reboot with a black screen and shortly turn to no signal.

Here are the things I have tried:

1. Put the Corsair sticks back to my old PC and it boots up just fine.

2. Updated BIOS on the OMEN to version F.12 Rev.A released on Nov 16, 2021.

3. Updated Chipset on the OMEN to version 5.12.0.38 Rev.B released on Mar 3, 2021.

4. Put the Corsair stick pair in slot 1 and 3, slot 2 and 4, but the issue persists.

5. Put one single Corsair stick in slot 1, but the issue persists.

I was puzzled cuz I don't see others having the same issue. Most complain about running ram speed at below 3200MHz, but I didnt find anyone having the same issue as mine.

Any help or direction will be much appreciated!

I thought it might be a compatibility issue.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

you probably have this motherboard

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000i/2100000185/document/ish_4853259-...

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture

• Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

• Supports up to PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)

• Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

Note:

32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

• Supports up to 64 GB (unbuffered) with 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit computers

• HP name: Hana

• SSID: 8876

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8876)

F.12 Rev.A

Difficult to say, but if nothing works, and that only restarts with the original modules
certainly incompatible indeed
fairly recent computer, not too much feedback, but you should look in the other messages if there are any examples, with this motherboard
to be confirmed for the model, it's just a deduction

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I contacted support and they pull up the same info (Hana, SSID 8876). The sticks I put in are two 16GB DDR-3200, and it's AMD optimized version, so nothing stands out to me as to why it's not working.

It seems new indeed...I couldnt even find the driver page after putting in my serial number....

KNer_0-1640891614235.png

HP Recommended

Hi

check this

Solved: Memory Upgrade for OMEN GT13-1765nd - HP Support Community - 8223393

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I think that's the Intel version. I read somewhere that they added XMP support in BIOS for Intel but not yet AMD. Even with AMD, most people dont seem to have issue with booting, but they often see 2133MHz speed and use Ryzen Master to boost speed up to 3200MHz.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm on several subjects at the same time
and I try not to make the answers too long
This was for you to check the other user's response it mentions:

On the bright side, the HP OMEN 30L GT13-1380z looks very nice.
Waiting on my Kingston Fury Beast 32 GB kit before firing it up.

" this is the model you told me, right?"

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes...but unfortunately not too much info from that post re 1380z

HP Recommended

I use a translator so not great
but from what I understand you the computer does not start at all
but the examples found, the problem is with the speed, but the computer is working
I don't have time to go through all the replies, messages created
but there must be a valid answer
I am not saying that your tested modules will work, if they are not compatible at all
it was just to give you examples, sorry!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/I-want-to-upgrade-my-RAM-but-i-don-t-know-what-type-is...

I got the HP Omen 30L GT13-1879, Ryzen 7 5800x liquid cooler , RTX 3080, 16GB ram, 1TB ssd, 750w 80 plus platinum., wifi 6 and bluethooth 5.0.

Great computer, look nice and run cool.

However I wanted to upgrade ram to 32GB.

I bought HyperX fury, DDR4, 3200mhz RGB ram ( as was in the pc ).

I installed it, it say 32 GB ram and seemed fine.

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c07729426

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue with my OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1380z CTO.

After putting in aftermarket ram the XMP profile is not detecting the correct timings.  I've tried other sets to test (from friends machines) and theirs also do not report the correct timings.  I think the only logical resolution would be an update to the BIOS, but there is no data on HP.com about drivers or updates for this model.  Is there a way to insert attachments or screenshots to show what I'm seeing?

HP Recommended

read everything that has already been said, and the links given
I could do nothing more for you
the option to update the bios, concerns certain models only!

Solved: Re: Overclocking RAM in the BIOS - HP Support Community - 8166347

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.