Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Sorry that you were unable to get the card to work.

As long as you are able to reinstall your programs and files, did you do a clean install of W10 like I recommended earlier?

If not, you may want to before giving up completely on that GT 640.

You could make a system image of the current installation by installing this free imaging software, which will allow you to save the system image onto a portable hard drive.  The program will also have you make bootable rescue media which you boot from to access the system image.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree?x-ca=blog

That way, if the card still doesn't work, if it is easier for you to go back to the current state of affairs you can use the system image you created to do that.

If the card doesn't work, I recommend that you install one of the supported cards on the list for your model series that I posted.

The AMD Radeon HD 6570 is the most powerful card on that list.  I have one and it works very good.

W10 will automatically install a driver for it.

You can probably find a used but tested and working card on eBay, since that model has been out of production for 8 years or so.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.