Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion HPE h8-1114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So recently I bought a MSI Geforce GTX 1650 and I installed it and booted up my system (which is a factory HP pavilion HPE h8-1114 with a 400w PSU and an Intel core i5-2400 with a GT 520 GPU) and every time I've tired to boot into windows I get stuck at the boot screen, my newly installed GPU then proceeds to beep and after about 20 seconds it beeps 3 times I'm guessing that means something but hell if I know, I've seen on other forums that you have to update your BIOS or do a CMOS reset but I can't find any BIOS updates available for the motherboard (PEGATRON Carmel 2) so I'm kind of stuck and need some help with this one.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KingSevvy,

Your computer is circa 2011.  It has Legacy BIOS, and has WIN 7.

1) The GTX 1650 is a UEFIvBIOS based card. It will not work with a Legacy based BIOS.

2) The BIOS (7.16) is linked to the original WIN 7 64 bit.  No update was offered.

Sorry, but I need to be critical.  In your previous inquiry I did explain Legacy vs EEFI , and did ask you to verify same.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PSU-upgrade/m-p/7544222#M187587

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I did update it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 your saying my BIOS doesn't support this card which I figured out shortly after posting my comment would this mean I need a newer motherboard to support to card? I'm guessing so, do you have any recommend any motherboards that can run a GTX 1650 with a LGA 1155 socket also I need it to be within my PSU's powering capablity also to support DDR3 ram?

HP Recommended

@KingSevvy,

I would be simpler to purchase a gaming machine.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.