Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0110d Intel i5-9400f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I'm trying to identify if I can upgrade my GT 1030 to GTX 1660 Super, will it fit to the case because the 1660 super have dual fan? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @kokoro17!

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference to show you which HP PSU's are compatible with your motherboard: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Your exact model is not listed, but it is my understanding that all of the TP01 and TE01 series have the same power connector and can use the same PSU.  You should be able to use the 500W (L05757-80).  You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they can sell you one in your country.  It is not available through HP PartSurfer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@kokoro17 , welcome to the Community.

I want to check to see if the information that I found is correct.  It shows that your computer came with a 500W power supply unit (PSU).  Is this correct?

If so, here is a GTX 1660 Super that will fit into your case if you can find one that isn't sold out: https://www.newegg.com/zotac-geforce-gtx-1660-super-zt-t16620f-10l/p/N82E16814500482

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when upgrading the video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

There are three main things to consider: 1) the length of the card.  The article explains how to measure the space where the card will be installed to assure there is space for good airflow. 2) the wattage required to run the card properly and 3) does the card require any 1x6-pin, 1x8-pin or both PCIe power connectors.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@Old_geekster

Thank you for replying sir, this is the model that I have https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c06434583, but when I opened the desktop it only has 180W PSU, I already saw some PSU online with high Watts support but I am wondering if I can change the 180W PSU and if my motherboard can support high Wattage. Thank you sir!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @kokoro17!'

The link that you provided is not working.  Please try to send it again.  The information that I had is most definitely is incorrect.

What is the name of your motherboard?  It should be where you can read it.

HP Recommended

It's Rother SSID: 8653 sir, and I'm trying to find a PSU that have a 7pin for the motherboard I already found 4+4 pins for the cpu my only problem is the 7 pin sir that has 3 wires connected to it. Thank you sir!.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @kokoro17!

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference to show you which HP PSU's are compatible with your motherboard: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Your exact model is not listed, but it is my understanding that all of the TP01 and TE01 series have the same power connector and can use the same PSU.  You should be able to use the 500W (L05757-80).  You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they can sell you one in your country.  It is not available through HP PartSurfer.

HP Recommended

Thank you sir, is it safe to use dual PSU one is only for the graphics card?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @kokoro17!  I wouldn't recommend adding a second PSU for the graphics card.

HP Recommended

Thank you sir, last question sir do you have any GPU recommendations that has no need for external power like my gt 1030?

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @kokoro17!

Your best option it to choose a video card manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  They are the experts on their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.