Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm trying to solve a common problem here, how do I toggle the Fn function?  Im using a Pavillion Wireless Keyboard 600.

I've spent half a day trying to find a solution.  There is no facility in my BIOS to disbale action keys, I'm using a desktop PC.

Could you please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I guess we can conclude that there is no Num Lock facility on this keyboard. So! I've fixed the issue.  I carefully removed the key, placed a small piece of rubber over the switch and clicked the key back into place.  Now the switch is permanently pressed down and the keyboard looks awesome.   If you also want to try this, lever the edge of the key from the top or bottom,  not the sides, and allow the opposite end to remain connected so it opens like a door. You can then see the shape of rubber needed to place in the space around the switch.  Make sure the rubber isn't too soft or it will deform and allow the switch to push into it over time.

IMG_5089.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

After 4 hours of reading threads /trying out remapping software, this is the most useful soultion so far........HP Fix.jpg

HP Recommended

hi

Sorry @frtrhygfrtegdfd  for this waste of time, this is what I offer most often!

and I was not there to answer
Unfortunately either this is not suitable or user feedback

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Reversing-the-Fn-key/td-p/790979...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-disable-fn-key-on-bios/td-...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Multimedia-keys-on-by-default/m...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I guess we can conclude that there is no Num Lock facility on this keyboard. So! I've fixed the issue.  I carefully removed the key, placed a small piece of rubber over the switch and clicked the key back into place.  Now the switch is permanently pressed down and the keyboard looks awesome.   If you also want to try this, lever the edge of the key from the top or bottom,  not the sides, and allow the opposite end to remain connected so it opens like a door. You can then see the shape of rubber needed to place in the space around the switch.  Make sure the rubber isn't too soft or it will deform and allow the switch to push into it over time.

IMG_5089.jpg

HP Recommended

IMG_5089.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and I cannot believe that there is no FN Lock on a 60€ keyboard. 🙄

Can someone from HP please confirm there is no FN Lock on this device??

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing this hack. 😁

@frtrhygfrtegdfd wrote:

Do you experience a shorter battery lifetime due to permanent key-press?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.