Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-115ed Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows10 drivers are missing for the following devices:

PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_2AF7103C&REV_04

SM bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C22&SUBSYS_2AF7103C&REV_05

Where can I find drivers for these devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks again for your help.

In the mean time I was also investigating further and did find the missing drivers.

The SMBus device 8C22 has a driver in the windows optional updates drivers section. That successfully installed a driver for the SMBus device.

Next I searched internet for the PCI device 8C3A and got a link to the HP community site where that questions was asked and sp84442 was given as solution. I installed this and the PCI device now also has a driver.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I believe you need the "chipset": driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62741.exe

Be sure to install the support assistant, latest version

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

it should be able to find additional drivers

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reaction.

Unfortunately, the support assistant indicates that all drivers are up to date, but the device manager clearly shows no drivers for both devices.

When I run the file you suggested, I see that it contains Windows 8 drivers for SMBus and USB host (not the PCI controller). I assume that when I continue, it will automatically update these drivers. But I certainly don't want the USB host to be updated since that is functioning correctly. I would prefer a method where I can update the missing driver only using the device manager 'update driver' and select the driver file myself. Do you know if this can be done?

HP Recommended

I do not think that is going to be a problem but yes, there is as way to updated just the missing driver

You need to download and install 7-zip

Find that drive file "sp62741" and right click on it and select 7-zip and "open archive"

BeemerBiker_1-1665068917317.png

then select "src"

BeemerBiker_0-1665068832901.png

Extract the folder "src" into c:\SWSetup"

then bring up the device manager, select the device that is missing the driver and have it browse for the driver and point it to the "src" folder

I have updated a lot of win 10 systems using windows 7 drivers and I do not think that windows 8 driver will cause a problem but there is always a first time.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for your help.

In the mean time I was also investigating further and did find the missing drivers.

The SMBus device 8C22 has a driver in the windows optional updates drivers section. That successfully installed a driver for the SMBus device.

Next I searched internet for the PCI device 8C3A and got a link to the HP community site where that questions was asked and sp84442 was given as solution. I installed this and the PCI device now also has a driver.

HP Recommended

I am glad you got it working.  I had actually forgotten about the PCI driver lookup tools available and should have mentioned or used the following two tools

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

and

https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/1022/device/43D5

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.