Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi, any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated. the other day i booted up my slimline s3500t. the monitor showed a box indicating no input for dvi and vga, which then changed to "monitor going to sleep". i turned it off and reseated everything. it fired up fine, and started up ok again for the past couple days. today however it's doing it again, this time with reseating having no effect.

I tried hooking it up to my tv via hdmi, and that also indicated no input. that leads me to believe that the monitor and/or the cable are not the culprit. I'm thinking either the video card, power supply, or motherboard. unfortunately i dont have any spare parts with which to test. the fans seem to be working ok. i dont think its the power settings since this happens straight off the boot. i can hear sound through the speakers as it goes into windows. i checked for loose cables and everything seems secure.

any thoughts as to the most likely cause, before i start replacing stuff one by one?

thanks for your time!

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

First, try reinstalling or updating the drivers for your monitor.  See if that makes a difference.  If not, do the same for your video card.

Let us know what you find out.

HP Recommended

dear cavs518...this is aproblem in the present murky ether...try this fix...turn it off....disconnect the monitor cable....reboot...wait about 20s and then put the monitor cable back into the computer...hey presto...all is well...something fishy in the zeitgeist!

regards...

HP Recommended

the monitor will flash up the message "No VGA Input Signal" and will then go to sleep.

Computer Model : HP PAVILION INTEL CORE 2

Monitor Model : HPw1907

I really need all of you help.Hope will get the solution soon for my problem...Thanks

HP Recommended

HI,

@Cavs518 wrote:

Hi, any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated. the other day i booted up my slimline s3500t. the monitor showed a box indicating no input for dvi and vga, which then changed to "monitor going to sleep". i turned it off and reseated everything. it fired up fine, and started up ok again for the past couple days. today however it's doing it again, this time with reseating having no effect.

I tried hooking it up to my tv via hdmi, and that also indicated no input. that leads me to believe that the monitor and/or the cable are not the culprit. I'm thinking either the video card, power supply, or motherboard. unfortunately i dont have any spare parts with which to test. the fans seem to be working ok. i dont think its the power settings since this happens straight off the boot. i can hear sound through the speakers as it goes into windows. i checked for loose cables and everything seems secure.

any thoughts as to the most likely cause, before i start replacing stuff one by one?

thanks for your time!

I suggest that you start by removing both memory modules and installing only one in the slot nearest to the CPU. Now try a bootup to Windows. If that produces no improvement thentry the other memory module.

There is no video card. Your PC uses an integrated chip solution.

Please post your results.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

go to control panel

look at the box at the top of your screen where is says "Control Panel",

click the arrow for the drop down,

Select "Hardware and Sound",

Click the arrow beside Hardware and Sound

Click Power Options,

On the left side of your screen click "Change when the computer sleeps"

Select the "Change plan settings"

HP Recommended

Hi there, my sister upgraded so gave me her computer,monitor, printer etc. It was fully working as she shown me, took it round mine, set it up now all i am getting is a message "monitor going to sleep mode" please help, have even bought another cable to try in hdmi slot, nothing is working

HP Recommended

You may have figured this out by now, but in case you haven't and for the benefit of anyone who finds this in the future.  This is a common problem with several HP monitors.  Mine's a vp17.   The best information about the problem is here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00061509

Follow that trouble shooting process if you want to give it a chance, but likely you will discover that none of these solutions work and the final suggestion is to contact HP for a replacement.  If you're like me and you are not the original purchaser of the monitor or it's a little old, you're screwed.  There is no solution anywhere for this.  My monitor has been dead for 4 months, and I've tried everything short of taking it apart.  And I only stopped there because I can't figure out how to take the thing apart.

HP Recommended

this mostly happening cause warranty over. lol or u owe money.

hp want u to buy a new computer. i received mine as a gift and the giver paid over $3000 long term for a desktop. A little extreme for  desktop. this computer better work for a century the least!!! jeeeezzz! 

HP Recommended

mi  conputadora  cada bes  que  la  ensiendo 

monitor going to sleep"  y  luego  la  ensiendo  y  no  quiere  ir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.