Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, this is Guy36....i upgraded BIOS as you said and enabled audio in BIOS and all was good....i switched off pc at night and next day when i switched it on, no network, yellow triangle on icon. I tried reinstalling driver, tried using usb to etherner adapter also, still no network. Any ideas, pls help?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Does the Intel ethernet adapter show up in the device manager?

It does in my dc7800, but I never used it to connect to my network.

I use USB wifi adapters to connect.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you fix that issue.

HP Recommended

The network adapter shows up in device manager. There is also a green light on Ethernet socket. I am going to downgrade or uninstall the current BIOS, I have googled that seems to be the problem 

HP Recommended

I had no idea the BIOS update would cause the ethernet not to work.

Before you roll back the BIOS, you may want to use a USB wifi adapter.

The cure may be worse than the disease.

Windows will not boot since the boot structure will be configured for AHCI.

When you flash the BIOS back to an older version, you will lose the AHCI setting and you will be back to square 1 with the SSD and OS not installing.

HP Recommended

I’m already on windows 7 64 BIT and selected IDE in BIOS and booted the pc  without any problem. I don’t want to use WiFi adapter on this pc. So I will first try uninstalling BIOS update, if doesn’t work I will downgrade the BIOS and try

HP Recommended

I don't know what you mean by uninstalling a BIOS update.

You can't uninstall a BIOS update like you can a driver or device.

You have to flash the BIOS back to an older version using the process I gave you the other day.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I’ll do that , I have the old v1.14 file with me but i will be at work on Saturday and try and post results. I have googled and some people have solved their network problem by downgrade after the network was affected by a BIOS upgrade

HP Recommended

1.32 was the previous update to 1.35.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53611.exe

HP Recommended

Oh ok, thanks for the file. What about 1.14 that was on Hp driver section?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

1.14 is a microcode update, not a BIOS update, and you have to use a completely different method to install a microcode update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.