Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy all in one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

want to replace existing HP wireless keyboard and mouse.  Can't find wireless receiver location and original keybooard and mouse don't appear to have connection button ????  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @dana1989!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04858286

It will help you open the case so you can see inside of it.

Here is a video that may help you:

If your dongle is like the one in the video you will most likely not be able to use a third party keyboard and mouse.  The dongle in the 24 series appears to be HP proprietary.  You could remove the HP dongle and use one of the USB ports on the back of your computer.  This is the best information that I could find.  I hope it helps.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dana1989 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.d

HP Recommended

Product number is P1B85AV#ABA.  I am not proficient but thinking of replacing original keyboard and mouse that came with the all in one.  Don’t really understand how they are connected to desktop.  Neither has any visible buttons or receiver.  Thought they are using my wifi network but they still work when the wifi is down ?  I am confused.  Thank you for contacting me

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @dana1989!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the computer: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04858286

It will help you open the case so you can see inside of it.

Here is a video that may help you:

If your dongle is like the one in the video you will most likely not be able to use a third party keyboard and mouse.  The dongle in the 24 series appears to be HP proprietary.  You could remove the HP dongle and use one of the USB ports on the back of your computer.  This is the best information that I could find.  I hope it helps.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.