Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
22-df0022

Hello!

I have an All-In-One HP desktop 22-df0022 (Product ID 13Z67AA). When I try to turn it on, it says that the BIOS is corrupt and we should visit this URL:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

That page says to

1. Look up the model and download the latest BIOS. There are ZERO drivers for this model on the HP support site, BIOS or otherwise.
  2. It also says that we can turn the computer on while pressing Windows+B or Windows+V. Neither combination works and the system just says: "The BIOS recovery files cannot be found or the files are corrupt [...]."

Since these options did not work, I did some further searches I have found this page with BIOS updates for 22-df0xxx:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-22-df0000a/38240564/model/38111566/document/c0...

All of the drivers available there seem to require that they be run on the target computer after Windows has booted. I do not see a USB option.

So here is my question: Where can someone find a BIOS driver for this 22-df0022 that will create a bootable USB stick to restore the BIOS?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your product ID is 13Z67AA and the spec for that motherboard gives MONKD and code 86F2

Please read the following thread.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/The-Bios-recovery-files-cannot-be-found-or-the...

The bios suggested by @Prométhée should work.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @BeemerBiker,

Thank you for your reply! It has helped me to understand the motherboard type and code (MONKD, 86F2 seems to be right).

That thread was an interesting read and appears to point toward the right solution, but the driver download does not offer me the ability to create a USB stick. Here are screenshots of the process on my other computer with Windows 10:

1) UAC asks for permission to run the app.1) UAC asks for permission to run the app.
1) UAC asks for permission to run the downloaded driver file (sp113208.exe). I did verify that I downloaded the driver "for" 86F2, and this says 86F3. It might just be a forgotten update by the software engineer when compiling the distribution file, I'm not sure.

2) List capabilities.2) List capabilities.
2) Lists the parameters for this driver package.

3) License Agreement.3) License Agreement.
3) License screen

4) Extraction directory.4) Extraction directory.
4) Choose extraction location.

5) Post-extraction.5) Post-extraction.
5) Extracted files.

6) UAC asks for permission to run the second application.6) UAC asks for permission to run the second application.
6) UAC asking permission to run extracted binary.

7) Nothing else happens. The application closes. I assume it is attempting to update the BIOS on the current computer. No command-line output is evident.

What am I missing?

HP Recommended

@TownNerd wrote:

Hi @BeemerBiker,

Thank you for your reply! It has helped me to understand the motherboard type and code (MONKD, 86F2 seems to be right).

That thread was an interesting read and appears to point toward the right solution, but the driver download does not offer me the ability to create a USB stick. Here are screenshots of the process on my other computer with Windows 10:

1) UAC asks for permission to run the app.1) UAC asks for permission to run the app.
1) UAC asks for permission to run the downloaded driver file (sp113208.exe). I did verify that I downloaded the driver "for" 86F2, and this says 86F3. It might just be a forgotten update by the software engineer when compiling the distribution file, I'm not sure.

7) Nothing else happens. The application closes. I assume it is attempting to update the BIOS on the current computer. No command-line output is evident.

What am I missing?

The ROM bios # needs to be 86F2.  It has to match the chip that is on your motherboard. If you downloaded F2 but F3 showed up that is a problem. It appears that the install recognized the problem and did not allow the bios update to continue.

I just looked at https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06962299 and all the bios for F2 and F3 are the same download "113208" which I suspect is an error but I could be mistaken.  Neither I nor @Prométhée work for HP.   I will notify the HP moderator about my suspicions.  It looks like there is no bios upgrade for the --df0xx AIO's

HP Recommended

Thank you again, @BeemerBiker. I have one more question while we see if the HP moderator can help.

Is it necessary to run the extracted binary on a system with the same motherboard in order to create a bootable USB device?

HP Recommended

@TownNerd wrote:

Thank you again, @BeemerBiker. I have one more question while we see if the HP moderator can help.

Is it necessary to run the extracted binary on a system with the same motherboard in order to create a bootable USB device?

Actually, using another computer is the normal case when windows cannot boot due to bios problems

The bios update SP113208 has the following options 

BeemerBiker_0-1660221566149.png

Option 1 works only if the system can boot in to windows

The second option create a bootable USB flash that can be moved to a system that needs the bios to be recovered.

I did the 3rd option and the following showed up

BeemerBiker_1-1660221730327.png

Note the files are named 86F3 and not 86F2

HP Recommended

hi

I probably didn't pay attention the first time, I don't remember
it is curious indeed, in the HP document you can read this

HP All-in-One 22-df0xxx (SSID 86F2)

F.25
SP113208

but the same

HP All-in-One 22-df0xxx (SSID 86F3)

F.25
SP113208

it comes up several times
same files for two different versions!

I looked at some product pages, like this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-df0000a/32516387
and the bios does not seem to have been given for this ssid
we find the ROM Family SSID 86F3 but not the f2

similar model, but there is an error somewhere obviously
If the SSId is not the same the bios, can't be updated normally

for having already tested for other users
if you run the bios with another computer, you may have the option to create a USB key
but sometimes, this is not the case, I had a little scare once, because it launched the update directly to me!

[edit ]

new

but still the same situation here

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/ish_5661076-5673091-16/hpsbhf03765

Ordinateur tout-en-un HP 22-df0xxx (SSID de la famille BIOS 86F2)

BIOS

F.35

Rév. 5

SP139601

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139501-140000/sp139601.exe

Ordinateur tout-en-un HP 22-df0xxx (SSID de la famille BIOS 86F3)

BIOS

F.35

Rév. 5

SP139601

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139501-140000/sp139601.exe

and tested, it offers to create the usb key, but only indicates the bios SSID 86f3
there is obviously a problem somewhere
I don't know if forcing the install with this is safe

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.