Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ok. I am going to run more test which look like will take several hours. I just ran another test on the memory and this time I got a failed memory module.  The seems to give ur thought about the RAM as the problem?Test log.JPG

HP Recommended

Yes, that seems to be the problem.

The first code indicates memory module failure (no DIMM ID).

The second code simply indicates Failed.

So, remove memory modules and test until you get no codes.

Then run the PC off the remaining good modules until you can replace the bad ones.

You should then be able to reinstall W10.

HP Recommended

RLP02X-8KDA2R-9XPK7F-403F03

AND

RLP02X-8KDA2L-9XPK7F-405X03

Tnx!

HP Recommended

The first code indicates memory module failure (no DIMM ID).

The second code simply indicates 'Failed.'

So, remove memory modules and re-test until you get no failure codes.

Then run the PC off the remaining good modules until you can replace the bad ones.

You should then be able to reinstall W10 with the remaining good memory chips.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.  Will do and circle back when completed........................

HP Recommended

Paul, 

Still running tests and just received the attached.  Is everything failing at the same time?  lol

Also, I have 4 banks of DDR4. Each 8gb at 2133 MHz. Can I purchase 1 band of DDR4  - 8 /16gb running at 3000 MHz or do all banks need to be identical?

Thanks,

[edit]

Also, 

System Tests Results 20200330.JPGSystem Tests Results 20200330b.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

You normally have to have matching capacities in each channel.

Looking at your PC's motherboard your PC has two black and two blue slots.

Right now, it is easy...you have an 8 GB chip in each slot.

But if you want to install a different capacity, then you need to have the same capacity in one blue slot as in the other blue slot for example.

16, 8, 16, 8.  You can't have 16,16,16, 8, or 8, 8, 16, 8

Speed can be mixed (2133, 2400, 2666...), but it is best to get the same if you can.

The processor is only going to run the memory at 2133 MHz no matter what.

I would buy the memory from Crucial.  It would be a whole lot cheaper than buying it from HP and it will have a lifetime warranty.

Here is the memory report for your model...I would buy the PC4-2400 MHz memory.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/omen-870-137c

HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

Removed the bad memory and was able to activate win 10 and reinstall the os. It took a parting shot and destroyed my soundcard on the way out though.  lol

Will order the new ram based on your suggestion.

Thank again for all of your help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is very unfortunate.

You should be able to install a cheap PCIe x1 sound card on Amazon.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

As I mentioned, the bad ram ruined my sound card? I ordered the sound card but when I tried to install I noticed that this unit has the sound built into the board as opposed to a slot I could remove.

There isn't any expansion slots to use so what options do I have? Am I restricted to only Bluetooth?2020-04-11 10.48.33.jpgHP 870-137c_Sound Card 3.jpgHP 870-137c_Sound Card_LI.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.