Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 310 -1150

Product HP Touchsmart 310-1150

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Bob2408

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 310-1150

Product Number XS903EA#ABU

Serrial No.CZC1150QKD

Cannot open Windows 10 loaded and working about 4 months but now I can't open it.  I've tried all recommended remedies but I either get the Windows Logo then the timer stops rotating and freezes or I get a Blue Screen error 'INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE'

HP Recommended

@Bob2408 I'm afraid your device has not been tested for windows 10, it's best if you switch back to Windows 7 as it was shipped with the device, that said, here's what you need to know about windows 10:

HP PCs manufactured before August of 2013 might not have a complete set of hardware and/or drivers required to use all of the features in Windows 10.

• HP is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for these PC products.

• If you choose to use Windows 10 some features, applications, and connected devices might not work as expected.

• If you still wish to proceed with using Windows 10 on an untested system, please visit the Windows support site (in English) for information and support.

You may click here for details on obtaining the HP Recovery media and use the same to restore the factory shipped OS.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your response. How can I revert to Windows 7 when I can't get onto the system?

HP Recommended

Can I obtain Recovery discs from HP to re-install Windows 7?

HP Recommended

@Bob2408 Yes, you can! I suggest you refer to the link at the bottom of my post on how to obtain the HP Recovery media for Windows 7 and use the same to fix the issue,

Let me know if you need anything else, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I can't used my HP310 to create a recovery USB can I use my HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows 10 to create a Windows 7 recovery USB by downloading from HP Store?

HP Recommended

Good news - eventually got Recovery Manager on the 310 and have re-installed Window 7.  Many thanks for all your help!

HP Recommended

@Bob2408

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.