Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024

I get a lot of bad image errors on games and other stuff I try to click on, and they just don't work I ran an SFC, and it said it found problems but couldn't help I'm not really a computer whiz so idk what I'm doing please help.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Joey95 

Before you run any sfc or dism commands, please check your notebook for hardware errors:

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

Yeah idk man I feel like the pc is just messed up i just wanted to play a steam game but it just keeps closing 

HP Recommended

its like only this one game that wont work

HP Recommended

Hello @Joey95 

OK, now dive a little bit deeper ...

Please start windows and login

(1) Open cmd.exe as administrator and execute:

sfc  /scannow

(2) Reboot 

(3) Open cmd.exe as administrator and execute:

msdt.exe /id WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

(4) Reboot 

(5) You wrote:

>its like only this one game that wont work

What is the name of the game ? website ? download link ? microsoft app store ?

Try to reinstall the game again and test

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

the game is called "Mordhau" it's on steam I am currently uninstalling it I'll try everything when it's done

HP Recommended

Hello @Joey95 

@Joey95 wrote:

the game is called "Mordhau" it's on steam I am currently uninstalling it I'll try everything when it's done

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for Mordhau

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i5 - 4670 or AMD equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 680 or AMD equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Disk space: 40 GB of available disk space

Check DirectX:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-download-install-directx-2624489

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

?

HP Recommended

Hello @Joey95 

Do you have any questions ?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

lets just say would this problem ever resolve itself of the game not loading if its just the game itself?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.