Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omni 27
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have had a problem where windows update is not working. I got help to get me aroubnd the problem i had then but i now have another problem and i suspect it might be related.

I have been trying to install adobe reader and it installs so far and then i get an error message saying adobe downlad manager has stopped working.  When i view details on the error pupup it shows this:

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B76.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC0A2.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC110.tmp.hdmp

I then tried to instal foxit reader and i this installs but crashes when i run the programe and i get the same details in the view details as above.

Any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

yes there was no other info provided.

I decided to do a clone from the original hard drive for the system back to the SSD i am using.

It looks ok now. thanks for all your help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @alan-s,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand  that you are having trouble with installing software on your computer after installing from recovery images. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Have you tried to do any hardware diagnostics?  If not please do so to see if there are any hardware issues to be found.  Try the different methods in this document: HP Desktop PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7). Since you have been having trouble with installing software you may have to use on eh the methods that uses a bootable diagnostic disk.

Let me know if you find anything.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

> Files that help describe the problem:
>  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7B76.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
>  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC0A2.tmp.appcompat.txt
>  C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC110.tmp.hdmp

Those are encoded "dump" files that Windows can send (with your permission) to Microsoft,

where an automated "crash-analysis" tool can review the files, and may respond,

telling you what to do, e.g., to install some software "fix".

Sometimes, if you browse the TXT and the XML files *before* clicking "send to Microsoft",

you might be able to read a phrase that describes an "error-message", e.g., "imminent disk-drive failure".

HP Recommended

Thank yous for the replies.

Sorry for late reply as i have been working and only got round to looking at this further.

I have followed the guide and ran the HP system tests. For the hard drive short DST check and hard drive long DST check both are saying warning.

I have an OCZ SSD HDD and the utiity that is for the drive is not showing any errors. It says the drive health is 99%.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

>  both are saying warning

Is that all? Any details, like "over-temperature" ?

Open a command-line prompt, and run:   CHKDSK C:

to see if you have any "inconsistencies" in the file-system on the 'C:' drive.

HP Recommended

yes there was no other info provided.

I decided to do a clone from the original hard drive for the system back to the SSD i am using.

It looks ok now. thanks for all your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.