Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0255st CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

same messags keep popping up in a small window " system recovery has failed" three buttons are visable "save log" "Details" and "Retry" when clicking retry it asks me to put in my the usb recovery media and i do. it restarts then comes to the same screen over and over again.the only reason i een tried to reset the PC is because at the time which was before march 18 i had warranty and  i asked HP support agent for help because my bluetooth was not being recognized after the support agent tried to figure out the problem he could not fix or disagnose the issue so he suggested to reset my pc as the last hope. he sent in the usb recovery media and after following everystep in the manuual that was sent with the recovery drive my pc is now corruptd.

Please Help, my warranty has ended and i can no longer talk to a support agent 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, if you have a spare USB drive, that is 8GB (or more), you can download the MS Windows 10 installation media tool from this page (second option, it says Download Tool now) and install Windows from it.

When the installation finishes, Windows 10 will take care of the rest, such as updates, drivers, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, if you have a spare USB drive, that is 8GB (or more), you can download the MS Windows 10 installation media tool from this page (second option, it says Download Tool now) and install Windows from it.

When the installation finishes, Windows 10 will take care of the rest, such as updates, drivers, etc.

HP Recommended

The advice given by @Krotalias is correct but see if the same option (custom install) is available from your USB recovery device.  Possibly that flash has all the "free" items that came with your system unlike the Microsoft recovery tool.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi

check if there is a hardware problem

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

To find a factory configuration, drivers and software, the Microsoft utility does not allow it
you can try cloud recovery too

Obtaining PC recovery USB drives or discs

How to reset your computer to factory settings (Windows 11, 10)

Software recovery options (Windows 11 and Windows 10)

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.