Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ DC 7800
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello dear hp. In my hand, hpnin dc 7800 passed, although I select my usb only from the boot screen, it opens the windows directly. Is there a solution for it? I tampered with the bios but could not find it.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Your usb must be bootable also, and it must match your boot method, mbr legacy, or uefi.  You may need to turn off secure boot also.  If you are reinstalling windows then you can use Rufus usb boot maker to make a bootable usb to match your needs.

HP Recommended

Hello again. I already boot my USB with rufus, but the format screen does not show up every time so I have a ready usb device but unfortunately I cannot install windows even though I press F9 and select the usb device. Installed old vista bussiness versiyonu is opening.

HP Recommended

If the laptop is vista then when you are making a boot disk the settings will be for mbr and there will be a section near the middle for advanced drive properties and you need to choose "add fixes for old bios" You could reinstall windows using a boot dvd. 

HP Recommended

No, i was able todo a desktop compaq at first started doing this afterwards please help.

HP Recommended

What version of windows are you installing and what are you installing it on?

HP Recommended

windows pro 7 windows 8.1 Windows 7 Ultimate I tried, none of them detected and started the iso even though I said start from usb

HP Recommended

What are you installing on.  Did you try a windows 7 32bit dvd? 

HP Recommended

unfortunately I don't have a dvdim to write, ubmi was seeing it at first. windows is loading files freezing then start not to see it at all

HP Recommended

What are you installing windows onto, a laptop, a pc?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.