Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akif90
Level 2
20 16 0 0
Message 1 of 30
Flag Post

I press f9 and choose usb, but it does not boot, windows opens directly.

HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ DC 7800
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello dear hp. In my hand, hpnin dc 7800 passed, although I select my usb only from the boot screen, it opens the windows directly. Is there a solution for it? I tampered with the bios but could not find it.

29 REPLIES 29
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 2 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your usb must be bootable also, and it must match your boot method, mbr legacy, or uefi.  You may need to turn off secure boot also.  If you are reinstalling windows then you can use Rufus usb boot maker to make a bootable usb to match your needs.

0 Kudos
Akif90
Author
Level 2
20 16 0 0
Message 3 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again. I already boot my USB with rufus, but the format screen does not show up every time so I have a ready usb device but unfortunately I cannot install windows even though I press F9 and select the usb device. Installed old vista bussiness versiyonu is opening.

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 4 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the laptop is vista then when you are making a boot disk the settings will be for mbr and there will be a section near the middle for advanced drive properties and you need to choose "add fixes for old bios" You could reinstall windows using a boot dvd. 

0 Kudos
Akif90
Author
Level 2
20 16 0 0
Message 5 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, i was able todo a desktop compaq at first started doing this afterwards please help.

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 6 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of windows are you installing and what are you installing it on?

0 Kudos
Akif90
Author
Level 2
20 16 0 0
Message 7 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows pro 7 windows 8.1 Windows 7 Ultimate I tried, none of them detected and started the iso even though I said start from usb

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 8 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What are you installing on.  Did you try a windows 7 32bit dvd? 

0 Kudos
Akif90
Author
Level 2
20 16 0 0
Message 9 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unfortunately I don't have a dvdim to write, ubmi was seeing it at first. windows is loading files freezing then start not to see it at all

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 10 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What are you installing windows onto, a laptop, a pc?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation