Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I found on the web that Windows 7 x64 installation supports UEFI but x32 does not from https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer/.

Also, is it possible to get both UEFI and legacy compatible boot on Pavilion 570-p026.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC supports x64.

You may be able install x64 Windows 7 on your PC. But you will have some hoops to jump through.

Started this reply thinking I could partially assist but installing W7 on a newer PC is getting harder to do.

You need to create W7 USB installation media having USB 3.0 drivers. This link used to provide an Intel Utility required to inject USB 3.0 drivers into W7 USB media. It is gone.

Motherboard manufacturers provide a similar utilty. But there is no guarantee other MB manufacturer's USB 3.0 W7 media creation utilities will work on an HP MB.

Without this Intel utility this task may not be possible. Poke around the Intel site to see if you can find this software.

Microsoft is not going to give you any W7 updates for your PC's chipset without installing a hack (not recommended) designed to defeat Microsoft's Windows Update modifications to prevent W7 security updates on your PC's chipset.

You may be out of luck. Installing W7 on Intel ,100, 200, or 300 series chipsets  (socket 1151) using UEFI/GPT (which was possible) may now be a moot point.  No USB 2.0 keyboard or mouse function unless you have PS2 ports and peripherals or W7 installation media having USB 3.0 drivers.

Very sorry.

Maybe another forum member has a workaround.

Regards

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC supports x64.

You may be able install x64 Windows 7 on your PC. But you will have some hoops to jump through.

Started this reply thinking I could partially assist but installing W7 on a newer PC is getting harder to do.

You need to create W7 USB installation media having USB 3.0 drivers. This link used to provide an Intel Utility required to inject USB 3.0 drivers into W7 USB media. It is gone.

Motherboard manufacturers provide a similar utilty. But there is no guarantee other MB manufacturer's USB 3.0 W7 media creation utilities will work on an HP MB.

Without this Intel utility this task may not be possible. Poke around the Intel site to see if you can find this software.

Microsoft is not going to give you any W7 updates for your PC's chipset without installing a hack (not recommended) designed to defeat Microsoft's Windows Update modifications to prevent W7 security updates on your PC's chipset.

You may be out of luck. Installing W7 on Intel ,100, 200, or 300 series chipsets  (socket 1151) using UEFI/GPT (which was possible) may now be a moot point.  No USB 2.0 keyboard or mouse function unless you have PS2 ports and peripherals or W7 installation media having USB 3.0 drivers.

Very sorry.

Maybe another forum member has a workaround.

Regards

HP Recommended

I used Intel eXtensible host controller for the USB 3.0 driver.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/USB-3-0-Driver-for-570-p026-on-...
previous forum where I got some drivers just need to know if its possible now to install Windows 7

HP Recommended

Is it possible to do a dual boot too?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm running Intel 300 chipset systems with M.2 storage. I gave up on W7. Too many hoops to jump through.

You can install W7 in GPT mode if you have manually injected (slipstreamed) the Intel USB 3.0 drivers into the W7 USB installation media.

You have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot to run W7. Fast boot may also cause a problem. It is recommended you install the older operating system first if you want to dual boot. I don't recommend dual boot. 

Boot to the HP Start Menu.

Select Boot Devices.

Select the W7 USB device under UEFI boot sources.

Install Windows. W7 Setup will use GPT.

Regards

HP Recommended

Can I enable UEFI and legacy mode? When I enabled legacy mode there were no drives listed under it but still all under UEFI

HP Recommended

Hi,

The BIOS is and will always be a UEFI BIOS.

Disabling Secure boot/enabling Legacy boot has nothing to do with changing a UEFI BIOS to a Legacy BIOS. This change is not possible.

You must install W7 using the UEFI boot sources (the UEFI W7 USB stick containing the USB 3.0 drivers) and UEFI target storage devices if you want GPT. You may have a problem with the W7 USB stick if you did not create this installation media to run using UEFI/GPT. So, if you set this media up as MBR it will not install on UEFI target storage devices.

You should also plug the keyboard and mouse into USB 3.0 ports included with your PC.

You are going to have a problem getting all W7 updates from Microsoft because you have an Intel 200 series chipset. Microsoft is going to block W7 updates.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Forgot to add this thought to my previous response.

You are going to have some device drivers issues if W7 installs correctly.

Microsoft is not supporting W7 on your PC's chipset.

This means there may be no W7 device drivers available. Device driver manufacturer's are not going to create device drivers for an unsupported OS installed on an unsupported chipset.

Regards

HP Recommended

Okay, I get it. I know the potential issues with drivers, I do not need it to be repeated.
If I install, I have to install the older operating system first then Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, install W7, if possible, first.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.