Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 550 203na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I wonder if anyone could offer any advice. I own a HP Pavillion 550 203na.

The spec is Windows 10, Intel Core i5-6400 processor, 8GB RAM, Storage 3TB HDD and 128 GN SSD, Graphics AMD Radeon R5330.

In Computer Management I can only see Disk 0 which is a hardrive with 3 partitions:

Partition 1 - 360MB Healthy EFI System Partition

Partition 2 - Windows (C) 117.81 NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page, Crash Dumps Primary Partition)
Partition 3 - Windows RE tools 980MB NTFS Healthy (OEM Partition)

There is also:

CD ROM 0 DVD (E) - no media

Can anyone advise on why I cannot see the 3TB HDD storage and what I would need to do to enable the 3TB?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind Regards

One895

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@One895 

The drive is either not connected or dead -- as DIsk Image would see it and Partition Wizard would see it, even if it was unformatted and had no drive letter.

You had better open the case and confirm the drive is actually connected to both the data cables and power cables.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@One895 

Did you try looking in Disk Management and scrolling down to see if the device is listed but not formatted or not assigned a drive letter?

You could also install the Free version of MiniTool Partition Wizard from their website and run it -- as it will look through ALL the devices connected and will see a drive even if it is not formatted.

HP Recommended

Hi WAWOOD

Thanks for your reply.

Below is an image of the disk management screen.

Computer Management.PNG

And copies of Partition Recovery Wizard Quick Scan and Full Scan.

Partiion Recovery Quick Scan.PNG

Partition Recovery Full Scan.PNG

A bit of background, about a year ago the computer was sent back for repair as it would not turn on (black or blue screen?).  The issue was resolved.  At the time I wasn't using the PC a lot so there was nothing on the hard drive (I had removed all data before I sent it for repair). I only realised recently that the storage was missing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

One895

HP Recommended

@One895 

The drive is either not connected or dead -- as DIsk Image would see it and Partition Wizard would see it, even if it was unformatted and had no drive letter.

You had better open the case and confirm the drive is actually connected to both the data cables and power cables.

HP Recommended

WAWood

The cable for the disk drive was not connected. The problem has now been resolved.

Your help and support is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
One895

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.