Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to order media recovery kit but the order never goes through. I do not get a on screen confirmation number, or email. My credit card also does not get charged.  I cannot get to a live person at HP to get help, and the live chat people have not been able to help either.  This is extremely frustrating.  Does anyone know how to get help over the phone, or any other way to get my order placed?  I have tried ordering 4 different times now using different computers/browsers, all with the same results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TLEUTHE Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to order the recovery media.

You will have to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

You can contact our phone support as well.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TLEUTHE Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to order the recovery media.

You will have to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

You can contact our phone support as well.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen 196,

Thank you for the instructions for downloading the recovery media from the cloud. On Monday, I was able to reach tech support by phone to explain my issue. After much work with the agent, he discovered that the server was down that managed the billing  and shipping information, and why my orders were not going through. He offered the option of HP's premium service to help me and said that by using the premium service, I could download the recovery software via the cloud right away, otherwise I would just have to wait until the server was back up and running. I told him that I did not need a premium service, just that I needed to be able to order the software. I was made to understand that the only way to download via the cloud was to purchase the premium service.   From you instructions, it appears that there is no cost to download the software. I feel I was misled into purchasing a service I did not need. Can I be reimbursed for the premium service? The agent should have been able to just send me the link that you did so that I could download the software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.