Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachmor
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PLEASE HELP!!

HP Recommended

so i was prompted to install an update on some driver took about 30 seconds. and when it got done it said my pc needed to restart which i did. when it got done my pc is now un useable. i can’t open any app or settings or anything. the search bar doesn’t work i can’t even power off without holding down the button. i had this happen before when i first got my pc a few weeks ago. same thing after an update would don’t work. i finally got it into safe mode and hard reset it losing everything. if there is a way to fix it without doing so again PLEASE HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 8
2,012 1,999 75 210
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Zachmor -- try the following:

1. start with the computer powered-off.
  2. power-on the computer. 
  3. when you see the "spinner", hold-down the on/off button for 30 seconds, or until the computer powers off.
  4. repeat #2.
  5. repeat #3.
  6. repeat #2, but not #3.
  7. the Windows "Recovery Mode" should detect the two previous "fail-to-successfully-boot" events.
  8. one of the tools in this mode is "System Restore" -- run it to time-warp your computer back to a date/time when it was working.

QED

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Zachmor
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this did not work. still can’t use my pc 

itsmyname
Level 8
2,012 1,999 75 210
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Zachmor -- this did not work. still can’t use my pc 

I am not sure what "this" was that did not work. Can you please provide more detail? Which of the above steps "did not work" ?

There are other options within that "System Recovery" mode. Which of them have you tried?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation