Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
AIO Envy 24-n015nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought an HP Envy AIO second hand (24-n015nb). Since no recovery media had been created yet, I made it to a USB stick via the Recovery Manager. The procedure went smoothly and without any errors. To restore the PC to factory settings, I started the recovery. PC boots from the USB en starts the recovery without issues. This goes up to just over 53% and then gives the error "There was a problem recovering your PC". Tried all the options several times, but unfortunately in vain. The result is that the SSD no longer starts up because there is no system on it anymore. Can this be fixed?

Thanks for your advise.

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP recovery media can do this.

You can get most HP drivers and software at this site (Link).

Do a clean Windows 10, version 1903, install by using this (Link).

You can get earlier versions of Windows 10 at this (Link).

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP recovery media can do this.

You can get most HP drivers and software at this site (Link).

Do a clean Windows 10, version 1903, install by using this (Link).

You can get earlier versions of Windows 10 at this (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response. If the problem with the USB cannot be resolved, I will definitely try this. As soon as I have tried this, I will keep you informed of the result.
Thanks again

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hello Grzwacz, 

I tried what you proposed and this worked well. 

Strange that it configured the windows right away with the correct vesion (home) and correct licence key.

Thanks again!

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hi Danne23,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.