Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0035no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

bios recovery files are corrupted, i have a flash with recovery but i dont know what to do and i only see notebook tutorials while im on a pc

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Moi1400 -- were the files on the USB memory-stick created as a "bootable" device, or are the files, one ".bin" file, and maybe on ".sig" file, stored in the root-directory on the memory-stick? 

If the former, force the computer to boot from the USB memory-stick.

If the latter, power-off your computer, connect the USB memory-stick, and power-on your computer. It should automatically try to access those files, and do the BIOS Recovery.

What have you tried? What did you expect to happen? What actually did happen?

HP Recommended

Tried almost everything files are HP, EFI, and hewlett-packard those contain bios upsate and bios with sig and bin files i tried it normally in my pc it didnt show any response then i took out the files and only had the sig and bin file guess what no response here and then i tried to make it bootable by using an app called Macrium reflect also no response 

HP Recommended

@Moi1400 -- something is strange. If a bootable system was really written to the USB memory-stck, and you booted from it, it should have applied the update.  On the other hand, if the memory-stick only contains the ".bin" and ".sig" files in the root-directory, then the motherboard should have "found" the memory-stick device, and should have found those two files.

HP Recommended

Yeah well my motherboard didnt and ive tried putting it in different usb ports but still no response

HP Recommended

@Moi1400 -- if the computer is less than one year old, contact HP, to exercise the HP Warranty, for them to repair/replace it, at their expense.

HP Recommended

The pc just turned 1 year like 3 months ago so that wouldnt help and im paying like 50 usd to fix it if i dont get help 😞

HP Recommended

@Moi1400 --  im paying like 50 usd to fix it if i dont get help

In my $30,000 (CAD) automobile, I took a corner too sharply, and sliced a tire.

Total repair costs: $170 for a tow to the dealer (my vehicle has no spare tire, not even a "mini", and no jack), $200 (and 2 days) for a replacement tire, and $100 for the mechanic's services.

So, in my opinion, paying $50 to fix a $1000 computer is a reasonable cost, compared to replacing the computer with a "ready-for-Windows-11" system.

HP Recommended

Bro i was just updating a normal windows update **bleep**

HP Recommended

@Moi1400  - double "bleep".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.