Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
N8M82AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have purchased 25 no's of HP 280 g2 MT with windows 10 built in now we would like to install windows 7 in those PC's

while installing we are unable to see the Hard disk partion 

Can any one hellp me in this

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

There can be a couple of reasons for that.

1) is the version of Windows 7 a 32-bit one?  

A 32-bit Windows 7  installer cannot recognize the presence of a 64-bit hard disk partition.

2) If the hard disk volume is GPT, that is also a  serious problem for a Windows 7 installer. You will need to convert the hard disk volume to MBR 

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by marking that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

1) Its a Windows 7 64 bit

It's in MBR only

HP Recommended

Is your Windows 7 installer a UEFI version?

Is the Hard disk a GPT volume?

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by marking that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Our windows 7 instalee is not a UEFI version.

It's in MBR Volume

HP Recommended

What type disk is it?

HP Recommended

It's an SATA HD of 500 GB Capacity

HP Recommended

Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the F10 key to enter the BIOS.

Storage tab, Storage options. Click on the SATA emulation and channge it to IDE.

Windows 7 isn't so happy with AHCI mode. It is needed for Windows 8 , 8.1 and 10.

Go to the Security tab and click on secure boot configuration. Click on the F10 key to accept changing configuration. 

Ensure that Legacy support is enabled.  Secure boot: disable, Fast Boot: disable. Click on the F10 key to accept the changes you have made.

Click on the Advanced tab.

If you are using the integrated video, ensure that it is enabled Cliock on F10 to accept.

Click on the File tab. Click on Save changes and exit.  

You should be able to install Windows 7 now. You can change the SATA mode later to AHCI once you find drivers and make the changes in the Windows 7 registry.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your Quick Response,

we have tried youre sugesstions but unfortunatly it was not happening.

there is no option to change the Storage option, we have only AHCI

the bios version is VA0.10

HP Recommended

In the BIOS put the focus on the storage option and then move the arrow keys to change the option from AHCI to IDE. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.