Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
64GB HP USB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am convinced HP do this to extract more money from Customers. The USB drive that is 64GB does not allow copying, deleting or adding items stating "disk is write protected". Why buy it then? HP USBs are Notorious for this, proving its a money making scheme. You buy it from the shops it is not write protected and then copy a few items and it becomes write protected. Go and buy another USB and HP has an unlimited cash cow of ripping off customers.

Usually a read only , write only tab would appear on windows to correct this in seconds but they have removed that. It still exists in Windows 10 but not for USBs it seems.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Robot Virtual Agent is completely useless at spotting this mistake also denying help and assistance. Other forum users have reported this defect in USB Hardware. It doesnt happen with other manufacturers. Just HPs nice little scam of ripping off customers. This is the 3rd USB that out of the blue just now states disk is write protected. A billion dollar company cant fix this? Why.  The customer will just go and buy another one in a few months and keep the income coming in. Thankfully we have changed from HP hardware and software years ago.

HP Recommended

@ChimpyGimp I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.