Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TG01-1817no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had an issue with Update Errors and have then done a clean install from Microsoft with their Media Tool, but after i did that, it put me on Windows Version 1607 and now always stops at 64% at the ''Prepairing windows update'' part and gives me a 0x80004005 error (When trying to update to 20H2). Also my EFI and Recovery partitions are now empty, EFI Partition is 260MB and the Recovery is 450MB both are empty as i said, i have tried all the solutions from this and microsofts boards, and nothing seems to help.

I have also tried to download the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, but the windows Version i need is 15063.0, and my version is apparantly 14393.2214.

I have tried for 3 or 4 days to find a solution, but nothing works.

If someone can help me out somehow, it would mean a lot to me, i have been losing my mind about this.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The media creation tool should have created the latest W10 installation file (21H1).

Here is the link to the latest W10 64 bit v21H1 Danish ISO file.   The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_21H1_Danish_x64.iso?t=03efa27e-7f44-460b-9763-2e863...

Use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1000i Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The media creation tool should have created the latest W10 installation file (21H1).

Here is the link to the latest W10 64 bit v21H1 Danish ISO file.   The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_21H1_Danish_x64.iso?t=03efa27e-7f44-460b-9763-2e863...

Use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-1000i Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, but i only have a USB that is 8GB a bit less since it takes some space, will that be enough?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, an 8 GB flash drive will be fine for the ISO file download, but if you want to use the HP cloud recovery tool, you will need a 32 GB USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

If i use this iso file and convert it, is it then going to be over 8 gigs, sorry for the inconvenience i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these things, And is the HP Cloud Recovery Tool needed straight away, or can i wait with using it till i get a 32 GB USB flash drive?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The ISO file is just under 5 GB and the rufus utility will transfer the file for you onto an 8 GB flash drive.

You will have to get a 32 GB USB flash drive before you use the cloud recovery tool to create the bootable USB recovery drive made with the cloud recovery tool

HP Recommended

It is not a good idea to use the ISO because the "install.wim" is 4,3 GB and it does not fit on the FAT32 partition. There is a way to extract the Version (Home Edition, Professional Edition, ...) you need or you create 2 Partitions on the USB-Drive. 

1. 1000 MB (FAT32)

2. 6000 MB NTFS

The source folder from the ISO can be copied to the NTFS Partition

The rest to the FAT32 Partition

On the FAT32 Partition create a folder "sources" and move (not copy!) the boot.wim from the NTFS sorce folder   to the source folder on the FAT32 partition.

This works 100%

In the setup press Shift+F10 wenn the language selection appears and type in

diskpart

list disk

sel disk 0

clean

convert gpt

exit

exit

and start the installation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.