Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One
Other

Me and my son have our own accounts in our PC. Mine is the main account which is the administrator account. Recently i noticed when we turn on our computer it only gives me the option to log in to my son's user account and not mine. When i log in to his i checked on the windows tab to switch users and its not there either? I'm not sure what happen, because we both didn't erase anything and i'm not sure if updating the computer erase it? if i go to my folder/files and look for my administrator user files i can see all my photos and documents are there still. So my question is, how do i get my account back or what happen? this is so hard to explain through here but over the phone they want to charge you and they cant answer a simple question....please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
of memory, I have already seen corrupted accounts, but never deleted by themselves
If you no longer have track / trace  of this account, you need to recreate it, it seems to be the easiest
Since your user data is present, then place it in this new profile

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Well I don’t think it necessarily deleted it self but it’s not there. And I tried to make another user name but it doesn’t give me the option because my son’s user account doesn’t allow it. I try to press F11 before the computer turns on and when it asks for my password for the administrator account it says wrong password. I know my password and I tried to reset in case and it says wrong password.

HP Recommended

You cannot create another account.
just try this
right click on the start menu
open windows power shell admin
in the opened window type or copy paste if it works:
net user Administrator / active: yes
then enter
this should display the command displayed correctly
then click on the menu, then go to the open user name, click, it should display the administrator account, open the
Try to create the new account
Once this is done, verify your account and then deactivate the administrator account (for security reasons, this account should not be used)
just write no instead of yes
net user Administrator / active: no

admin.gif

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Nothing came up, I think it’s asking for user name and password. But when I type net user it shows mine and my son’s accounts. 

HP Recommended

You must be missing something, take a good look at my answer
It does not show other things than what I have tried normally

Or you have a bigger problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.