Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0012na
Microsoft Windows 11

After updating my Windows 11 System to the latest release 2H22 (via Windows Update), I was unable to login via Windows Hello as the Camera was reported as being 'unable to turn on'. The integrated HP Webcam was properly listed in Device Manager and no driver updates were available. Attempting to activate the camera via the Windows Camera App also produced the same error. Reinstalling drivers did not help.
Rolling back to Windows 11 release 21H2 resolved the issue but, I'm wondering if we need an HP driver update before considering 2H22?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well after re-doing the BIOS upgrade and re-running Windows Update I am now at 2H22 and the IR 'Hello' Camera is working. The install did several more update restarts than it did previously, so maybe MS has made some changes to the package? Anyhow, all working again but, I don't know how...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

A bios was released recently: 12 Sept 2022

I looked at the release info but it did not mention fixing anything related to your problem

The bios was for rom ID 86C6 only

You might wait for a bios designed for windows 11

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-all-in-one-pc-32-a0000i/29051861/model/3369...

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

It seems strange that Windows 11 release 21H2 works absolutely fine but, this latest one has caused such a specific problem. I have updated the BIOS and everything else I could however, I may wait until I give it another go as I'm using my PC on a daily basis and installing then rolling back Windows is a real PITA.

HP Recommended

Possibly you may only need to roll back the camera driver.  If the driver is not grayed out like mine then possibly it can be rolled back. 

BeemerBiker_0-1664488871241.png

HP Recommended

Well after re-doing the BIOS upgrade and re-running Windows Update I am now at 2H22 and the IR 'Hello' Camera is working. The install did several more update restarts than it did previously, so maybe MS has made some changes to the package? Anyhow, all working again but, I don't know how...

HP Recommended

I am glad you got it working.

I recently purchased a touchscreen monitor with built in webcam and found out that the Windows Hello only works with IR cameras.  I am using the monitor on a HP Z400 and it works fine but cannot do login.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.