Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

OK, part rant on this topic: Why can't HP keep a list of BIOS Revisions on older PCs?!  Or have a broader utility to find BIOS Revisions/Updates?

I've this hp pavilion slimline s5304y that I recently upgraded for basic email, recipe and other light duties. I upgraded the processor as well as the RAM and it runs on 16GB DDR3, the problem is in the BIOS (5.15) it shows "0" GB of RAM! However, Windows 11 Pro will start up fine! I know it's limit is 8GB DDR3 however I wanted to get the last BIOS Update on this machine to see if that might correct the issue. Finding a list of old BIOS, even with Google, doesn't show any results. Again, all I'm requesting is the last BIOS revision for an HP Pavilion Slimline s5304y or Utility that updates the BIOS, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

So what do you have visible under windows?
After a certain number of years, plus minus 10 years, the old products are withdrawn, no more support
I believe mainly to free the servers
There is therefore in general, no more bios available
There is no utility for this type of product either.
Now, if the motherboard is not designed for what you have installed, almost no chance that it will change anything, it would definitely need a very recent update, and again
the only option for the bios will be third-party sites, see modified bios, but this is sometimes very risky

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Under Windows 11 Pro, it shows 16 GB and even in CPUID and Speccy the same. But can you tell me the last BIOS Revision actually was for this motherboard? I currently have Rev. 5.15 but I've a feeling there was some degree of foresight as this motherboard did only have two DDR3 slots and DDR3 was being expanded upon for higher capacities. Some code may have been introduced to accommodate that upgrade. 

HP Recommended

when I had answered, I certainly searched
but found nothing, hence my answer, without proposed update
I had it seems to me a doubt for the model of the motherboard is this good:
Motherboard (system board) Narra6 GL6

but if it is recognized correctly under windows, then the computer must work well with the 16 gb..

[edit]

I vaguely remember why I didn't say anything
there are different versions of this motherboard, and users had mentioned that some updates didn't work!
I had found a user, indicating al 5.17, but from memory I had not found it!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/BIOS-update-for-M2N68-LA-Narra6-Motherboard...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/Narra-6-M2N68-LA-Bios-Upgrade/td-p/3363831

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.