Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

so i tried using my windows 7 professional 64x oa hp product key with just windows 7 professional 64x and it did not let me. so i need to get the iso file for windows 7 professional 64x oa  hp compaq 6305 SFF so i can use windows 7 professional.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there isn't any place that I know of that has OEM Windows 7 ISO files for download anymore.

This website has recovery media for your PC if you are interested.  HP no longer sells recovery media for that model series.

Computer Surgeons - Windows 7 Pro, Home Premium, Ultimate Recovery Kit B0U22AV For HP COMPAQ PRO 630...

I don't understand why you can't use the W7 OEM product key on a retail file because I have done it numerous times on different PC's.

Once I had to use the automated Microsoft phone activation system, but the product key was accepted.

The only suggestion I can offer other than the above, would be to try the ISO file from the link I posted below.

The link will be good for 24 hours. 

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/3/06365375-C346-4D65-87C7-EE41F55F736B/7601.24214.180801...

This is the updated W7 ISO file from August of 2018, and you will need to use a USB flash drive to transfer the ISO file by using either the free Rufus USB utility or the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below.

The file is too large to fit on a single layer DVD.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there isn't any place that I know of that has OEM Windows 7 ISO files for download anymore.

This website has recovery media for your PC if you are interested.  HP no longer sells recovery media for that model series.

Computer Surgeons - Windows 7 Pro, Home Premium, Ultimate Recovery Kit B0U22AV For HP COMPAQ PRO 630...

I don't understand why you can't use the W7 OEM product key on a retail file because I have done it numerous times on different PC's.

Once I had to use the automated Microsoft phone activation system, but the product key was accepted.

The only suggestion I can offer other than the above, would be to try the ISO file from the link I posted below.

The link will be good for 24 hours. 

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/3/06365375-C346-4D65-87C7-EE41F55F736B/7601.24214.180801...

This is the updated W7 ISO file from August of 2018, and you will need to use a USB flash drive to transfer the ISO file by using either the free Rufus USB utility or the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below.

The file is too large to fit on a single layer DVD.

HP Recommended

then i will just find my 16 GB usb and if I cant i'm gonna have to upgrade to windows 10 which always breaks on my computer

HP Recommended

and i think i just found a way to do it without a usb. so i extracted the iso then put it in a folder and it might work if i run setup.exe

HP Recommended

and my idea worked

HP Recommended

im gonna be installing it now so bye and thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

@Doge_Squad2332 -- please click "yes" adjacent to "was this reply helpful", for each post that qualifies.

Also, click "Accept As Answer", since you no longer need any help from the contributors on this forum.

HP Recommended

so its been almost 20 days since and its working good i think the iso file i used for windows 7 before that one was not a good one that did not install windows 7 correctly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.