Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What computer model and operating system do you have?

Other than the HP Update you mentioned, has anything else changed on the PC recently (any new hardware attached or replaced)? 

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode or starting in Safe Mode or booting to the Recovery Partition?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hello,

My HP pavilion does not move past the blue start up screen. As soon as I turn the power button on, it goes to that screen and I'm not able to move past it. All I did was move the desktop from one side of the room to the other. Please help!

Greatly appreciative,
Gris
HP Recommended

My hunch is this is caused by either static build up (the easiest to deal with), a failed software update, loose connection to hardware, hardware failure, or corrupt BIOS or operating system. 

If it's static or some other electrical build up, unplug all cables from the PC including the power cable. Then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. You should hear it release one last bit of energy. 

Had the computer been running constantly for a days before you moved it with no restarts? If so, it's possible it had updates installed or bending that didn't take aeffect until restarting, and when you shut it down to move it, something became corrupted.

Did the PC get bumped around at all? If the hard drive connection moved at all, it could cause this. You would need to open the PC and ensure the connections are tight.

Is the PC full of dust? If so, it could be it's overheated or the dust is causing it to not start.

If your hard drive failed, this would also cause this problem.

If your BIOS became corrupt, this could also happen.

I'm not sure what PC you have, but you can look for steps on how to fix this by going to hp.com/support and searching on your PC model number and then for "PC won't start".

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Anyone can help me please.. hp logo only displaying in my monitor.. when i press the esc key it display the startup menu and the only option that working are f9 f10, utility and run ufei app.. when i press f2 and f11 the hp logo displaying again.. can anyone help me please! Thank you in advance!
HP Recommended

Blue screen nothing in the programs HP G62-358 ca i change my hard disk for WD 10JPVX  1 .OTB  PLUS EXTRA 4 GB MEMORY 

Restore try to load Win7 pro 64 bits over win 7 home 32 bits nothing working floppy working without loading anything . I have win7 home  keys and win 7 pro keys  trye to reload win 7 pro several times without working

HP Recommended

Hello there. I am starting up my laptop and i can nott boot past the blue Hp screen  any help?

I have tried the forced shut down and restart up and the only progress i get is "Preparing Automatic repair". Then back to a navy blue screen, and nothing

HP Recommended

Well i am anble to get the hp start up logo and the a message at the bottom saying "preparing avitve repair" then a blank screen and the nothing, yet my laptop is still humming

HP Recommended

Hi Evilmumma4,

Have you tried the steps in this HP Support document on troubleshooting computer won't start:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/27/2017)

See if you can identify what component is failing using those steps. 

HP Recommended

my windows 7 laptop won't go past the blue startup screen  what should i do 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.